Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Breaking yet still keeping traditions

This was one of the only years since we've lived in Midway that I didn't participate in Midway's Swiss Christmas. I was a little bummed because I enjoyed doing a booth with my friends, but I did not miss the stress and headaches. It is still bizarre for me to think that a year ago, unbeknownst to me, I had a massive fast growing brain tumor giving me daily headaches. Those tension/stress headaches are now in my past, but my life is not the same. I no longer spend hours sewing hooded towel creations for my customers all over the world. Maybe someday my Etsy shop will get back from vacation. For now, I get to keep readjusting my priorities and focus on the little people in my life. I took the older kids to the Gingerbread House displays and Swiss Christmas to sit on Santa's lap.
Days Market. Our local Heber grocery store.
Aubrey's favorite. The tower from the movie Tangled.
 Cole would not cooperate and put his hands down for a picture. Surprise, surprise.
 I want a nerf gun to shoot my brothers and sister with.
Pokeman, pokeman, pokeman. I thought Pokeman was a thing of the past, my younger brother liked them when I was young. Not so, Tucker has over 100 Pokeman cards and wants me to buy more. 
Aubrey's only wish was for an American Girl doll. Santa told her that lots of girls wished for that this year.

0 comments: