Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Concerts

My sister, Heather and I.
My Dad took his girls, my Mom and sister and I to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert at the conference center. We went to the dress rehearsal, but you never would have known it was a rehearsal. It was wonderful filled with beautiful music, stories and the Spirit of Christmas. Afterward while walking to our car, I saw my cheer coach from high school and a fellow cheerleader that had been at the show as well.
My Mom and Dad and I.
I love the Salt Lake Temple and the square all lit up in lights for the holidays. It's breathtaking.
 My little Santa. Cole walked around the house one day with a garbage bag full of toys saying, Ho, ho ho, Merry Christmas! Too bad the bag got a hole and toys were strewn all over the house. I needed him to turn into a clean up elf for me.
I've always wanted to take Aubrey to the Nutcracker, and we finally had the chance in December. Aubrey was taking clogging for a couple weeks, but then we decided to give ballet a try. Her studio was performing the Nutcracker at the high school, so I thought it would be a fun way to introduce her to that form of dance. She loves it and one of her friends is in the class and they twirl and giggle like little girls should. She received ballet shoes for Christmas and now just needs a cute pink skirt to completer her ensemble. This picture is from after the show with Aubrey and the stars, Clara and the Nutcracker. I loved clogging and miss dancing with all the wonderful girls/friends that I made, but I have always regretted not having a very diverse dance background. Aubrey can go back to clogging if that's what she wants in the future, but for now, we have a little ballerina.

0 comments: