Thursday, January 31, 2013

Trains and guns

For Cole's actual birthday we went to the Dairy Keen for lunch.
 Then we went up Daniels canyon with our friends, the Ashursts, to shoot guns and burn paper. Cody has a couple boxes of patient charts that need to be shredded, but our shredder can't handle the load, so he decided to burn them.
 Of course there was a stream right by where we stopped and the kids threw rocks, sticks and snow in it the whole time.
 Birthday grin!
 Jessica, Joe and Miles. He was so happy eating the stick.
 I'm clueless when it comes to guns. Cody has been trying to train me for years, but it's not my cup of tea. Aubrey came to me a couple weeks ago all excited because Dad told her she could get a BBgun when she turns 8. What?! No she didnt. Cody has been brain washing my children. I'm trying to convince him that maybe when the boys are 12 and in scouts, we can think about a gun, but he thinks that's the age they'll need/want a shotgun. Oh my redneck, this is not something we talked about before marriage.

 I had a little bit of batter left over from cupcakes the night before to make a small birthday cake for Cole. We didn't have any candles, but he didn't care. Happy 4th buddy!

2 comments:

Lettie B. said...

Ha ha! "Oh, my redneck!" that was too good. My boys sometimes get a similar brainwashing by Nate. I won't let them even near guns though. Maybe when they are bigger, but I am pretty anti-gun, much to the dismay of my father-in-law!

Lettie B. said...

Oh, and I love the burning vs. shredding. Smart thinking. Much faster!