Monday, September 1, 2008

Wet Mountains

When Cody got home from work last Thursday, we packed up the car and headed to the mountains for a little camping excursion. Cody isn't a big fan of "campsite" camping, so this time we found a dirt road in the national forest and drove until we found a good site. The site was awesome! It was by a stream and I think 2 cars drove by the entire time we were there. We roasted hotdogs over the fire. The best way to have a hotdog!
The kids loved exploring and, of course, were filthy dirty. They both needed new outdoor shoes and I bought some in time for the trip, and all I can say now is goodbye clean white, hello brown dirt!
We only stayed one night, but had fun and decided that we would love to own property and a cabin in the Wetmore Mountains someday. It was beautiful and not too far away from where we live.

The rest of our Labor Day weekend we spent at home. Cody and I both had to prepare talks for Sacrament meeting on Sunday, so that consumed Saturday (I guess Cody did watch and listen to some football, go BYU!, and we did take a little break and headed to our ward's annual Luau). Today we cleaned up around the house, I went running without the kids (yippee!) and we "labored" at home.

5 comments:

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

looks like you had fun! =) good luck w/ the potty training. it was fun talking to you yesterday!

Elizabeth Checchio said...

Ok so I found your blog from your facebook profile....now I get to stalk you!!! Two kids...you're crazy! Check us out when you get a chance :)
thedayleys.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Checchio said...

and another on the way!!!!!

Kevin said...

Be careful taking off on dirt road to go camping....HOI! The scraping sound still haunts me to this day! Never again will I 4-wheel up a trail narrower than our pathfinder! I almost cry everytime I see our bumper to bumper scratches! Glad you had fun though.

Mily said...

How fun! Looks like the kids had a great time and Cody enjoyed his hotdog! :)