Friday, September 26, 2008

Autumn in the Rockies

This is my favorite time of the year, and Lisa and I decided to get out today and enjoy it. We have our annual pass to Pikes Peak, so we drove to the top of Pikes Peak again with Lisa's mom and brother, they drove out for the weekend. There are alot of pictures, but hey, it was so beautiful I had to share it with you all.
This shot is from the North looking South to Pikes Peak. We just loved all the aspens in their full, golden splendor. Awesome sight.


Once at the summit, we were treated with great views in all directions. This one is to the South of the peak.
Enjoying the scenery.


Playing with grandma.


View to the West from the peak.



Below the reservoir the aspens were so bright and beautiful. It was a great day to take the drive.


If you live nearby, I highly recommend taking advantage of the good weather and going for a drive in the mountains. You will enjoy the autumn colors of the Rocky Mountains.

8 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

It is absolutely beautiful. Its amazing to see the differences in the trees from back east in Maryland to Colorado. Man I miss seeing mountains.

Carter Family said...

I have to agree, those mountains are beyond compare! Man, we're totally coming to see you guys to do some of this cool stuff! Maybe next summer when all the babies are born and we can afford some time off from paying on our debt, eh? Anyway, I just have to say too that though the colors are bright on the those trees, compared to Maryland . . . wah, wah, wah. But at least you have color! Here, everything is still green or dead . . . hmmm I guess you might have it better when it comes to Autumn :)

Love you guys!

Amy

Kevin said...

It looks like a barren wasteland out there! Not as beautiful as my home state! ;-)

Sjauna said...

I love autumn! We're going to New England this weekend to see the leaves, but I miss those aspens too!

Angela Hill said...

oh, seasons. I forgot they occurred else where in the world!!! Congratulations on the boy!!

Carter Family said...

Those pics are SAAAweet. Seeing those aspens get me all excited to go and kill Dog-sized deer because that is what we have here. even though you are missing the deer hunt in UT this year you better go hunting in CO. I'll come out there and kick your butt for wasting it if you don't. shoot one for me. Maybe I'll fly out there next year and we can go.
bryce

Justin & Erin Linton Family said...

WOW!!! It is amazing, I love COLORADO!! I hope we can see some of it when we get out there soon!! Congratulations on the BOY!!

Alysha said...

How incredible?! I really miss the changing of the seasons this time of year so it is nice to see pictures at least.
Congratulations on the baby boy-so exciting for Tucker to have a little brother!