Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My turn for celebrating!

I turned 27 today! Hurray right? Getting older is fun, right? I guess so. : ) My cute visiting teachers made me this watermelon cake - which was great, because then we didn't have to make one. Cody bought me the beautiful flowers and some other fun stuff and the kids gave me candy and a HUGE Elmo birthday card. I couldn't ask for anything more! After baths tonight I decided it was finally time to cut Aubrey's mullet off. It's been getting progressively longer over the past few months. I know the cut is far from perfect - I have absolutely no training, but figured my best can't be that bad. Plus, I always do her hair anyway, so I can hide or fix mistakes later. Now hopefully the hair in front will catch up and even everything out.
Tucker had to get in on the "cheese" action. Good news with this boy - no accidents for a week!
Tomorrow is a big day so check back with us tomorrow night. We finally get to find out whether we are having a boy or girl. If you haven't voted on our poll to the right, let us know what your gut feeling is. Oh and watch TV, the Office is back! (Thank you to everyone that emailed, left messages on Facebook or called me today! I appreciate it!)

10 comments:

Elizabeth Checchio said...

Happy Birthday!!! So exciting! What a circle of love you have around you....lucky girl :)

ang said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!!

Dayna said...

Hey old lady!! Just kidding! Happy Birthday! Your cake looks really yummy! I hope you got to do some fun things for you today...it is important to celebrate being ourselves once a year! Your hair is getting so long!! You are beautiful!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

k so i am not totally crappy...i can't find my cell phone which has your number on it to wish you a happy b-day...don't hate me! but you know i am a tard when it comes to b-days anyway!

Starley Family said...

Happy Birthday! Great job on Aubrey's hair. It's tough to get it straight while they hold still because well at least my kids don't hold still. Can't wait for the news!

Melissa Rose said...

Happy birthday!

The Huff Family said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! I am glad to hear you had a good day. Aubrey's hair looks cute...good job!

Burnhams said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! I can't wait to hear what this little baby is! Good luck.

Marisa said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sorry I didn't call, I remembered after I put the kids to bed and then it was too late, darn time difference! Anyway your present should be there Friday, I forgot to tell you but I too apart the gift sets I bought you and Tucker to fit in the box so that's why they're not in the original packaging. You look great and Aubrey's hair is getting so long! Can't wait to find out what you're having!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday girl!!!! And..... congratulation on having a little boy. Sweeeet!
mickey and cerola