Sunday, September 14, 2008

Halfway there

I've hit the 20 week mark! I thought I'd finally post a picture of my pregnant self. The lighting isn't so great, but oh well. I felt the baby move around 17.5 weeks and have been feeling pretty good with only the occasional heartburn. I've brought my maternity clothes from out of the basement but haven't had to start wearing them yet.

We were supposed to go camping this weekend, but it rained for almost 24 hours from Thursday to Friday and we decided it just wouldn't be fun setting up a tent in the mud with kids. We ended up spending most of the weekend with our friends the Christensens (whom we were going to go camping with). Saturday morning I went to a fun craft fair with my friend Cassie and her mother-in-law, Cynthia and the guys (Jordan and Cody) took all the kids to the zoo.
(Tucker and Colby)
It was sooo nice to have some girl time without the kids. Plus I bought some really cute stuff at the fair, and have some great ideas of things to make. Hopefully I'll have some new posts on Pieces by Lisa in the next little while. : ) We watched the BYU game and have just been hanging out at home other than that.

Tucker is doing awesome with the potty training business. He has far exceeded my expectations at this point. The past 4 mornings he's woken up with a dry pull-up and immediately tells me he needs to go potty. We even tried a nap with just underwear and he did great. He's not perfect by any means, still had an accident or two, but overall I'm very impressed and proud of him. Whahoo!
Aubrey came down with the croup the last couple days and has the horrible cough and sad sounding cry. She's slept a lot and I think is starting to improve. She had croup over Christmas last year as well, but that was much worse than this time around.

I took Tucker into the doctor this past Wednesday cuz I thought he might be getting sick, but nothing was wrong with him. I was surprised that he still weighs under 30lbs. His pediatrician (whom I love - I finally found an office that will do a great job with my kids!) had me get Tucker retested for his peanut allergies. I explained his past history with the peanut and how he'd been tested before (with results coming back as negative) and they immediately sent me down to the lab for a retest. We'll find out the results this week. He's obviously allergic, and I don't feed him peanuts, but I do feed him cashews, pistachios, pecans, and almonds because so far he's been fine with those.
Today is my parents 30th wedding anniversary. All of us siblings are surprising them with a framed picture of the above for them. They don't have any pictures up around our house of back in their early days, so we thought it would be fun for their anniversary. Unfortunately, the quality of the scan we took is horrible. We blew the picture up anyway and are hoping they'll be able to provide us with the original slide so we can get a better picture.

Hmm..not much else is new with us. I'm reading my first Anita Stansfield book and Confessions of a Shopaholic book; been scrapbooking a bit and taking a little break from sewing. Cody is working away, loving that it's football season and playing WOW.

We find out on September 25th the gender of our baby. We can't wait to find out. I've had a feeling that it's a girl, but have been thinking boy names all week, so who knows.

Nothing too exciting happening as of late, but we've got birthdays coming up the next 2 weeks, TV shows returning to the networks, a baby to find out more about, possible visitors and much more, so stay tuned!

20 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

Glad things are going well for you guys! I will be checking back to find out what you guys are having! Soo exciting!

Tristina said...

Lisa - you look great!! And today is my parent's 31st anniversary. They were also married in the Salt Lake Temple - how funny :-) Glad to hear that all is well!

Deon said...

Sounds like all is well - you look cute, Lisa! Can't wait to see more creations of yours - I'm having lots of fun creating these days, too. Miss you guys!

Lindsay said...

I can't believe you are not in your maternity clothes. I have been wearing mine already because nothing will button up! I am in that inbetween stage wear I feel fat but don't "look" pregnant yet. I hate it!!

Lisa said...

Lindsay,
Just because I say I'm not wearing my maternity clothes doesn't mean my wardrobe isn't depleting! My pants are commonly found secured with a rubberband because I can't do up the buttons and I'm wearing my longer, stretchier shirts or ones that are belly friendly. : )

Mily said...

YOu look so great lisa! Glad Tucker is doing so well with his potty training! Happy Anniversary Lisa's parents!

Jessica D. said...

Hi Lisa! You are looking super cute! Congrats on making it halfway and I will be checking in to find out whether it's a boy or girl...how exciting!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

yea halfway! your dad's mustache is super awesome! he should grow it again! =) that is a fun present idea. you look great btw. I'll guess a boy so you can tell me i'm wrong!

lucy said...

Your mom is so pretty!!! And at 20 weeks you're not looking too shabby yourself. Sounds like things are good. Are you still running with that little tummy of yours? I could barely get around with my pregnancies. Levi was right there and any bouncing would have shaken him out! And talk about back pain.

Unknown said...

You look so cute pregnant! I can hardly believe you're going to have 3 kiddos! WOW! We are getting old aren't we! And I think it's fun you're finding out the day after your b-day what you are having! What a fun b-day present! Can't wait to find out! I had a lot of fun visiting with you that day! Wish we could have had longer! Well, next May we will be driving halfway across the country and maybe we could stop by and say hi! Then we could visit some more (and see your new little baby!)

Unknown said...

You look so cute pregnant! I can hardly believe you're going to have 3 kiddos! WOW! We are getting old aren't we! And I think it's fun you're finding out the day after your b-day what you are having! What a fun b-day present! Can't wait to find out! I had a lot of fun visiting with you that day! Wish we could have had longer! Well, next May we will be driving halfway across the country and maybe we could stop by and say hi! Then we could visit some more (and see your new little baby!)

Aaron and Melissa said...

You look so cute. It was fun catching up on the phone the other day. Can't wait to hear more about baby #3 soon. Keep in touch.

Marisa said...

Wow, you look great in that picture! It will be fun to see you in person while you're still pregnant!

Anonymous said...

you look soo cute pregnant! i can't believe you are on your 3rd already. crazy, but sometimes i think i'm ready for another one and annie is only 8 months old. oh and i saw your parents at andrew's wedding, we had a nice little chat. happy anniversary to them...so close to mine, i had no idea. (:

Amanda said...

Congrats on baby #3! Oh, and I thought this may be helpful with croup... You may already know this, but just in case, you can take your little ones with croup into the bathroom and close the door. Then run a really hot shower and just stand in the bathroom for like 20 minutes and the steam will help it. Also, going out into the night air will help it too. I just thought the info may come in handy. It is great to see you all are doing well, you have adorable kiddos!

Nate and Lori said...

You look great! The last time I went home I found my parents engagement pictures from the 70's that are so adorable and I was thinking that it would be fun to have them blown up and frames for them.

Can't wait to see what you guys are having.

Burnhams said...

oh, lisa, you look so cute. I can't wait to hear what you are having!

Elizabeth Checchio said...

20 weeks and you are not in your maternity clothes!!! I am so jealous. You look adorable!
So sorry about the croup...no fun whatsoever. i hope she recovers quickly.

Kyle, Tiffany, and Kaiden said...

You look really good for 20 weeks. Do you know what you're having?

MEGAN said...

Lisa,
You look so cute pregnant! I am excited to hear what you guys are having. Good luck with the second half of pregnancy. We need to get together!