Monday, August 4, 2008

Trail Running

I went trail running a couple times back when we lived in Maryland and really liked it. It is challenging, pretty, and fun. Well, it took me about a month or more to finally get into the swing of things out here, but I am now consistently taking my kids running with me about 3 times a week. I NEVER ran with them in Maryland, why would I want to do that, but out here, I really am enjoying taking them with me. Maybe it's because I don't have any running buddies, but they love the run we go on. Colorado Springs is full of "open spaces" and parks that have trails throughout the trees. Tucker loves to go with me because we see water, "bunny rabbits", green snakes, deer, squirrels, ants, butterflies and birds. I like to take the kids now because then when I do go by myself, I feel stronger and faster. Hmm, wonder why?!! Last week I was able to go by myself and cut 20 minutes off my run without them. I think my loop is about 4 miles and it takes me about an hour when I go with the kids. Granted, we do stop occasionally to look at the fascinating wildlife we pass by. The 50 pounds I push does not make me a fast runner!
Even though Cody would love for me to get into mountain biking, I'm still passing. I wouldn't mind road biking, but a bike just isn't in the budget this year. I enjoy the time I get to spend with my kids, the great feeling I have after working out and how beautiful the trails are.

4 comments:

Maquel said...

Trail running looks so fun! I've never actually done it myself but I was telling Clark the other day that I want to get trail running shoes next time.

Yay! You're coming to town. I would love to get together--we could discuss our fun books then.

Becky said...

Yeah, that would definitely be motivating to have a beautiful trail like THAT to run on. Good for you for keeping it up!

Anonymous said...

NICE stroller!! Trail running, however, still involves RUNNING!
Jeremy

Nicole M said...

That trail is beautiful! Hey, where did you get your jogging stroller? I have been looking EVERYWHERE for one and haven't found one I liked yet. I think I'd like to get a double too. Let me know if you get a chance! Thanks!