Monday, September 17, 2012

Called to Serve

My younger brother was set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on August 28th and he entered the MTC in Provo on the 29th. We drove down to be a part of his setting apart. We will miss Spencer, but know that he will be a great missionary in California. Tucker will be almost 9 when he returns.
 Family picture in my parents backyard.
 
Spencer's farewell was held the Sunday before he left and he did a great job talking about the restoration and other gospel principles. One thing that his stake president said to him before setting him apart was that he didn't need to worry about his family he was leaving behind for two years. The Lord would bless them. It's Spencer's job to spread the gospel to the people of Carlsbad, California. My Foster family has had quite the year with my cancer, my sister's baby (he had holes in his lungs when he was born), my sister-in-law broke her foot and has 5 kids and I'm sure other things. I know that we are being blessed because of his service and he'll do a fantastic job. He actually leaves the MTC in the morning to fly out. He is so excited! We love you Elder Foster!
 The above picture was taken the day before he left and the one below is from May when he received his call. Look how awesome my hair has grown! It might actually be long before he comes home. And I'm so grateful that my treatments are working so that I didn't feel like I needed to say "goodbye" when he left. I'll be here when he gets back. ; )

0 comments: