Monday, September 17, 2012

Almost caught up!

We have flower beds under our windows in front of our house and I noticed these babies growing a couple weeks ago. I didn't plant them, but they sure were yummy.
 The other day Aubrey was screaming bloody murder in our backyard. I figured she had probably been stung by a wasp. There are a lot that fly around, but we haven't had problems all summer. She came inside, hysterical, and Blake followed her in crying a bit. After realizing it was a bit useless to calm Aubrey down I looked at Blake and realized he had a couple wasps still stuck to his shirt. He was bit about 5 times on the chest and arm and Aubrey a couple times on the back of her leg. The neighbor kids were stung too. I grabbed the nearest towel to me and started whacking Blake with it. The darn wasps wouldn't budge. Finally I ripped his shirt off and stepped on the bees. I made up a baking powder paste and had my kids take some benedryl. They were fine, thank goodness no allergies to wasp stings.
 Cody and I went on a date night to the Peter Breinholt concert at Sundance a couple weekends ago. I of course got cold, but we had a great time. We live so close to Sundance, but haven't been there since we were dating 10 years ago. I used to go to the concerts in high school, but we never went together until now.
 Last Wednesday I pulled the kids out of school for the day and we went to the Brigham City temple open house. I was able to get tickets for my parents and Heather and her kids too. We left our house at 8:00am to make it for our 10am tour time. Because the temple is in Brigham City and it's known for peaches, the theme in the temple is around peach blossoms. The flower windows were amazing! I wish I had a picture, but no photography in the temple.
I stole this picture off of someones blog. I'm positive you weren't supposed to take pictures in the temple, but I did want to show this window off too.
 
After the tour there is a room where you can have cookies and water. We had our fair share, and then some. This picture was right before Cole dumped his water bottle all over my Dad's suit and the couch. All the cushions had to be flipped over. One of the ushers in the temple was Cody's cousin Lana. I rounded a corner and saw her and was like "Hey!".  Good times.
This video is from back in August. I'm finally figuring out how to work my smartphone and transfer things to the computer. Haven't figure out how to rotate videos though.
I'm not sure if this video will play, and I know it's sideways (not sure how to fix that, it was originally taken on my phone). We don't eat out a ton, but Blake sure knows what his favorite is. "Donalds".

1 comments:

Dan & Heather Pelfrey said...

Love the picture of you, Mom and Ethan at the temple. Sorry it's lopsided. That was probably from me trying to juggle Austin and take the picture at the same time. Cute though!