Saturday, December 19, 2009

Deer Valley w/o kids

Lisa and I spent the day today skiing up at Deer Valley. My office manager hooked us up with some tickets - thanks Lindsay! We owe you.

We love living here and being near so much fantastic recreation. We were also lucky enough that our parents watched the kids for us, allowing just the two of us to go. We couldn't have asked for a better day for skiing. The snow was great quality, the weather was fantastic, it wasn't crowded at all, and we rode up the lifts with some great company (a couple from Ohio that we probably convinced to move here to Park City, several BYU students, the ski patrol, and my good buddy Stein).

Lisa decided to open up our Christmas gift a week early so she could use it today. We got a new handheld camera for times like today. The cannon is a great camera, but not a pocket camera. So, we had a blast on the mountain and can't wait for more ski days ahead this season.








A really cool view back towards the Wasatch, where Alta, Snowbird, Solitude and Brighton are located.



Another sweet view out towards Mt. Timpanogas.



Lisa took a little video of me going down the run. Hopefully this little video will serve as motivation for all of you who haven't made to the slopes yet. Get out there and do it, you won't regret it.



5 comments:

Karina & John Calderwood said...

How do you make that look so easy. John took me skiing for the first time a few years ago. I rolled down the whole mountain. Glad you guys had fun!

Emily said...

I am so jealous Lisa.

I miss skiing. I feel like I only get to go about once a year now that I have kids.

And how is it that you still look so cute, even with all your ski garb on?

Unknown said...

oh so fun! I have never been skiing or snowboarding.. Im a chicken I think I would break something! Jeremy snowboards though but hasnt gone for 5 years or so. I think he misses it sometimes!

Amber said...

How fun! I am jealous! I can't wait to go skiing. I didn't get to go last year being pregnant and all so I am excited to hit the slopes this year. Glad you guys got to go and I am excited to see you Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

I want to know how you can see such a beautiful view? We can't even see to the freeway from our house. In fact I don't think there are mountains in S.L.Valley. I need to go skiing I guess to get out of this mess. Glad you had fun, but even more glad we were able to spend time with the grandchildren. Mom