Sunday, October 26, 2008

RMNP and Trashy Costumes

We decided to take a trip up North to enjoy Rocky Mountain National Park this weekend. On the way up, the kids got a little restless, so we decided to take advantage of the amazing weather and go to a park for a bit. We let them burn off some steam and have fun for a bit. They enjoyed the swings, slides and toys for a while, but quickly discovered the leaves and were hooked after that.
Tucker and Aubrey loved playing in these leaves next to a pond. We captured some great photos of them.




We initially wanted to go camping, but it was going to be so cold at nights, and tent camping with little kids in the cold is not fun. I can't wait until we have a trailer/5th wheel to go camping in. We ended up staying in a hotel in Loveland that had a pool. The kids were so excited to go swimming and loved every minute of it.


The next morning we got up and headed into RMNP. It is a beautiful national park. I caught this picture for all you dental nerds out there. They have an entire valley dedicated to root canals. How cool is that- endovalley!
Here are a few glimpses of the majestic mountains found in the park.





At the end of the tour through the park, we went to the town of Estes Park for some lunch and window shopping. It is a really cool mountain town, that like all other mountain towns is overpriced. We had a fun day up there as a family.
We left a little early to be back in time for our ward Halloween party. We dressed the kids up in great costumes- Tucker was a tiger and Aubrey was red riding hood.


Lisa and I decided to take advantage of her massive, pregnant belly and go as trailer trash. Too bad you can't see her fuzzy, pink slippers in this picture. Not our best costumes to date, but pretty funny still.

20 comments:

Deon said...

LOVE the costumes! Gee, Cody, I have never met anyone else who can cross one eye besides me! Such talents....!!

Unknown said...

NICE COSTUMES! YOU BOTH LOOK GREAT!

Lettie B. said...

I love the costume, but I think it's actually the expressions that make them great.
We loved RMNP when we went there. Very pretty place...and we thought Estes Park was a nice town too.

Tristina said...

Cody - love the O-Doyle Rules shirt!!

Kevin said...

Tucker! Nice costume dude! I can't believe Grandma handed that down to you! Lol... At least it looks like my old one. I like it! Lookin' good dude!

Lisa.... WHOA!!! You look just like mom! Not that mom looks like white trash becasue she doesn't but with your hair pulled up like that you look EXACTLY like our mom but MUCH MUCH younger! (Sorry mom...it true except for the W.T part!) We couldn't believe it..lol... so funny!

Cody... you have found your perfect look. Can I call you Earl?

Starley Family said...

Such contrasts with the swim shot and the trash one. What fun. BTW Aubrey's dress is adorable.

lucy said...

sweet!! I love the trashy attire.

Kent said...

Your photos in this post make me homesick. Betty and I moved here from Longmont, Co. We spend a lot of time in Rocky Mountain National Park.

Love your costumes. You make pretty good trailer trash. Is that what your eyes look like behind that optical instrument you wear in the dental office?

Cody Calderwood said...

Kent, yes, my eyes are normally like that. That's why I need to wear the loops. Just kidding. The white trash does come easily to me though. I guess it comes from too much fixing up cars, hunting and fishing in my youth.

Elizabeth Checchio said...

You guys look hysterical. Its not the first time I have seen you in curlers :)

Sarah said...

Sooooo Funny!!! That is a great costume... I just might have to steal it...

Anonymous said...

Great costumes! I do mean all of you. You need to join up with Kristin's friend that did the white trash party. Great idea.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Ya both look great!!! I can just hear Lisa saying. Cody is in his Edgar suit(i.e. "Men in Black")
Dad

Guymon Family said...

I must say Aubrey is absolutely adorable in the leaf pictures! Too bad she has such trashy parents.

Brian and Becca said...

Cute Family and costume I'll have to think of that the next time I'm prego.

Alysha said...

You could not have asked for better pictures of kids playing the leaves-absolutely priceless! And I loved the costumes, absolutely adorable little red riding hood costume!

Katie said...

First of all - whatever about those costumes not being the best - they are freaking funny. And thanks so much cody for the comment you left. and you are right - that does mean a lot coming from the funniest guy in the world.
PS - I ALWAYS read your blog and love it but don't always leave comments because you guys are SOOOO popular and I'm so shy.

Laurel said...

you guys look SOO awesome! living in a mining town, I'm not so sure we could get away with that without offending a few people...

Pulver Palooza said...

Great pics of the kids playing with the leaves. look like you guys are having a great time.

Leah and Mike said...

Oh my gosh, I love the costumes - all of yours!! The kids costumes are, as always, so cute and your guys costumes are to die for funny. You guys always come up with the funniest and most creative costumes. LOVE IT!!! And, Lis, great job on Aubrey's costume - is turned out adorable :)