Thursday, October 23, 2008

Treadmill Advice

Alright all you treadmill owners. I am in the market and need some advice. What kind do you have? Do you like it? Did you purchase it originally or is it from Craigslist? If it's from Craigslist, are you glad you purchased it? Do you use it mainly for walking or jogging/running?
I've been debating for awhile now on my exercise plans for the future. I ran a half marathon last March and know that I can run throughout the winter months outside, but with baby #3 coming, no friend motivation to get me out before Cody works in the morning, and my awesome double stroller being just that - a double, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to run with 3 kids. So, I think I'm going to buy myself a treadmill. Hopefully to just use during the colder months and at my own leisure.
If this is your first time to my blog, a regular looker who never comments or a regular commenter and you have a treadmill or have owned one in the past, please tell me what you like and why. Thank you!

6 comments:

Tristina said...

I have a pretty simple proform treadmill. I got it off craigslist for $140! It is not too fancy - but gets the job done!

Kristen said...

I have a Smooth 5.25. I got it almost 2 years ago and I really like it. I did a lot of research and saw that it was one of two treadmills that were rated best quality for your money (something like that). It wasn't cheap compared to some treadmills. I found that most treadmills recommended for running aren't cheap. Anyway, you can look at reviews. I've been really pleased with ours.

Mily said...

Lisa, I shouldn't be one to give advice. I never have liked treadmills because of the horrible shin splints they give me. Maybe I just run on really junky ones? Have you looked into an eliptical? Those are a lot smoother on the shins and maybe a little more compact. Good luck treadmill hunting though.

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

i am excited for you to get one! it was fun talking to you today! seems like you are playing your cards right...Just keep in mind, you get what you pay for, and if you get a treadmill that sucks, you won't run on it. the other thing that mackay looked into was the length...he wanted a longer area to run on...obviously the motor like we talked about...one thing i wish ours would do is count my calories by my weight...it just estimates it and it bugs me.

hartleyhouse said...

I got my treadmill off craigslist. It's a really nice one, a nordictrack, I paid $150 for it. I have used this treadmill for 4 years and loved it! It was probably my best craigslist buy ever! I did have to replace a part a couple years ago but it was because I have kids who break things not because the treadmill was bad. Anyway, good luck finding a good one!

Nicole said...

got mine from costco, it was super nice but i gave it away when we moved here to thousand oaks, being 70 year round, its just funner to walk outside. but when we were in lancaster i thought it was super nice, it felt more like the heavy duty ones at the gym....