Monday, October 20, 2008

Celine

After 10 months of waiting, the day finally arrived and I went to my Celine Dion concert. It was AMAZING! She is a fabulous singer and I couldn't believe how great she was song after song. I invited one of my best friends from dental school, Katie Leale to come to the concert with me. She flew in from Spokane Saturday morning and we were able to spend the day together and then go to the concert. Luckily her brother lives just up the street from the Tacomadome because traffic was insane trying to get there. We ended up parking for free at her brother's house and he dropped us off as close as we could get. Parking lots close to the dome were $40 to park your car. Crazy! Our seats were in the upper level, but you could see the stage and the sound was great. It wasn't too loud and we were still able to see everything. I'm just kicking myself that I left our telephoto lens in Colorado, it would have been awesome to get some better shots. Celine sang 22 songs, and I knew all but 1. Of course I wrote them all down and am now listening to my concert playlist. I loved every minute of it, am so grateful that Cody gave me such a great gift, that I have an awesome friend that came with me to it and am glad we were able to spend the weekend with family as well.



If you are wondering why Cody would buy me tickets to a concert in Tacoma, it's because until this past April, we always thought we were moving to Spokane, WA. Obviously plans changed, but there was no way I was going to miss the concert and sell my tickets. We had free plane tickets and money to use through Southwest before November, so we decided to make it a fun family weekend.

11 comments:

Jessica D. said...

I saw Celine on Oprah earlier this year and I remember thinking that her concert would be fun to go to. I am glad you got to go, that is a great gift! You and Katie look great!

Leah and Mike said...

TOTALLY jealous!!! I think you should have invited me, not Katie...just kidding. It looks like you had a great weekend. That view from their deck is AWESOME - wow! Oh, Aubrey's little pink and brown shirt is so dang cute - where did you get it?

Starley Family said...

Ooh! I am so jealous! I love Celine...maybe I could hint to Nate for this Christmas...

Lisa said...

I am so glad that you got to go to her concert! I remember back when you got the tickets. Celine is amazing and even better live. She is such an incredible performer and never seems to get tired on stage!

Justin & Erin Linton Family said...

AWESOME!! I am so glad that you had a great time. That looks like it was a fun trip. We loved seeing you guys. Thanks again for everything.

Mily said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time at the concert! Celine is an amazing singer and she looks so good!

Sjauna said...

How fun! If I had to pick a concert to go to, it would be Celine Dion, hands down, every time.

Tiffany said...

How fun! I bet you had a blast with Katie. I miss you guys. It's definitely not the same this year without all my old friends.

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

looks like you had tons of fun...thanks for the smack talk on my blog! =) i am doing better!

Lis said...

AWWW, you guys look so great!! Glad the concert was a hit. I need a full detailed report!

Leale said...

i guess i should post since i was lucky enough to attend the concert with you. :) just want you to know that i had a BLAST. of course i miss you tons and wish you lived closer, but thanks a million for the invite.