Monday, October 20, 2008

Seattle

We spent a great 3 days in Seattle over the weekend. We flew in Thursday night and out Sunday afternoon. Cody's brother's family lives south of Seattle and were great to let us crash at their beautiful house all weekend. Friday, we all went to breakfast at the Black Diamond Bakery and then we went to Flaming Geyser State Park for a short hike. The weather was absolutely amazing! We picked a great weekend to go. Little rain and sunny skies! It made me think that I could live in the Pacific Northwest, despite the rain. Caeden and Aubrey had fun on this log.
Beckham told me he wanted to pose and get his picture taken.
Typical kids throwing rocks in the river.

Hiking up to the bubbling geyser.
Not quite spectacular, but Tucker and Beckham thought the fire in the ground was pretty cool. (Click on the picture to enlarge if you can't see the flame. Apparently it's been known to be a 6 foot tall flame.)
The view from Carson and Marisa's deck.
Having fun in their backyard. Hopefully someday we really will have a backyard. Sigh.
The only picture I have of us adults.
Trevor was at school on Friday when we went around town, thus no pictures of him. That night we hired a babysitter for the kids and we went to Bellevue for dinner at McCormick & Schmicks.
Saturday, Cody and I met up with my friend Katie Leale and we went to Pike Place Market and had lunch. We hungout at Carson and Marisa's for the afternoon and then Katie and I headed to Tacoma for the Celine Dion concert.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

I can't believe we didn't take a better picture of the adults! I hardly have any pictures at all. We had such a fun time with you guys!

Carson Calderwood said...

I don't know who's belly is bigger, yours or mine?