Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dia De Los Muertos

As if you haven't read enough Halloween posts yet, here's another one! We met up with our friends Cassie and Jordan to take our kids trick-or-treating. Cassie grew up going to retirement/nursing homes trick-or-treating so we found one close by and took the kids. They were certainly able to maneuver around the wheelchairs and walkers to get to the candy! (Sorry the photo is blurry, but you get the picture.) Running down the halls of the nursing home.

After the nursing home we drove to a nearby neighborhood and let the kids go up and down the street. Tucker and Aubrey had to RUN to every house. They loved it! Tucker would ring the doorbell and both kids were experts at saying trick-or-treat and thank you. They got a stash of candy and too bad for them, but good for us, they are allergic to half of it. No peanut M&M's, Snickers, Baby Ruth, Reese's, etc for them. That's alright though. They got a plethora of suckers and smartie-like candy to keep them happy and stocked up on sugar.
Cody and I were kind of lame parents this year and didn't go out to buy our pumpkins until the day before Halloween. We had to go to 3 different grocery stores to find any. WalMart was out, King Soopers were all rotten and we had to pick around to get any semi good ones at Safeway. Oh well, the kids don't care. We never got around to carving them, but last night I let the kids paint them. They loved that!

5 comments:

Becky said...

I've never heard of trick-or-treating at a nursing home before but that is such a good idea! I bet all the folks there just loved to see your kids all dressed up and excited. I'm sure they can use some youthful energy running around from time to time. I'll have to remember that for next year.

Brian and Becca said...

They must of had a blast painting I know my kids would love that. Looks like you you guys had a lot of fun :)

Leah and Mike said...

We didn't get around to carving ours either. I was thinking about letting Addy paint hers, but I will need to go get paint, won't I?! Your kids look so cute and so happy :) That is crazy they can't have all those delicous candybars - good for you though :) What a great idea to go trick or treating at a nursing home! Glad you had a fun Halloween!!

Jessica D. said...

Wow, what a great idea to trick or treat at a nursing home! I know the people that live there must have loved it! They looked adorable.

Nate and April said...

Hey!! ya but i suck at it, lol i should try and learn how to do it! I MISS YOU! Gosh dang it your kids are so freaken cute!!!