Friday, July 18, 2008

Poppa on airpane!

Poppa is how Tucker affectionately likes to call my mom. For some reason he will never say "Grandma". So, all his grandparents are "Poppa's". Oh well, hopefully someday he'll get the names right. Anyway, my Mom flew into town Tuesday night to come for a visit. We've been having tons of fun showing off our new city to her.

**By the way, I have completely forgotten to mention this in previous posts, but for those that remember or know my sister, Heather, she's engaged! Yeah! She's getting married on August 19th in the Bountiful Temple. The main reason for my mom to come out was to fit me for my dress. My mom is making all the bridesmaid and family dresses and since she wants everything to be done before we arrive, we had her come out and visit.**

Wednesday, we went by Cody's office, (which by the way, we received our first paycheck yesterday! Hurray! Money!) then we went to Garden of the Gods and walked around and had lunch. When Cody got home from work (3:00 baby!) I took my mom to go get her first pedicure. It was so fun! Now we have pretty toes, although I don't think I have cute feet at all, at least my toes are cute!
Thursday we went shopping and then after the kids naps we drove up to the top of Pikes Peak. We wanted to finally try their famous donuts, but apparently they ran out of vegetable oil and couldn't make any. Duh! How do you run out of vegetable oil when you are a tourist attraction and advertise for donuts!
For those of you that don't know, America the Beautiful was written atop Pikes Peak.
This morning we went to the zoo. It was fun like always. Tucker finally got the courage to feed the "baby" giraffes today. Notice how he is sticking his tongue out as well.
They had a bird exhibit where they had hundreds of birds flying all around you. You could buy a seed stick and the birds would come and sit on it and eat. Tucker was terrified!
The birds liked Cody, they went from his hand and arm to his neck and started pecking at him.
Aubrey couldn't get enough of the birds. She tried her best to catch the birds.
That's about it for now. We've been having fun and the kids love having someone to play with. Cody and I are going on our first Colorado date tonight and are going to see Dark Knight! Can't wait!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations to Cody! Well, and to the whole family as I'm sure he'll be sharing... right? And say hi to your mom for me. I sure like her.

Chuck Gates said...

I always love reading about your weekend tourist adventures. Sounds like lots of fun.

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

YEA! paychecks are so great...until they run out before you get the next one!! =) let me know how dark night was! Mackay wants to see it so bad.

Anonymous said...

Cody,
I forgot to congratulate you on your first paycheck. Should I say to you what your Dad would always say to me when I got my first paycheck from a new job, Now I get to buy me a new rifle. Well you know how may jobs I have had, and you know how many guns he has. So you can see he didn't always get my first check for him. So how is it paying the 30 % of taxes?
Keep it up you deserve it. You have worked hard for it.
Love
Mom

Lisa said...

Tuckers facial expressions in this post are great! It sounds like you are having a lot of fun in Colorado. Congrats on the big paycheck! We are excited to see you in about a month!

Nate and Lori said...

Hooray for a paycheck and getting out of work early. Your pictures are great. Did you get a new lens?

The Nielsens said...

We miss you guys. Owings Mills just isn't the same without you. Glad to hear you are all doing so well.

Starley Family said...

Don't you just LOVE when family comes to town!! Your toes look great and I am glad you guys are able to get out!