Thursday, July 10, 2008

Aubrey

Our little girl is now 15 months old. She went in for her checkup yesterday and surprisingly only weighed 21lbs. 8 oz. I thought for sure she would weigh over 25lbs. At her 1 year checkup she weighed 22lbs. 4oz. I guess she's thinning out. Not that she was ever chunky, but all her running around and going up and down stairs has thinned her out a bit. She's the same height also. 31 inches. Of course, we saw a new doctor, their scales could be different, etc. but it looks like Aubrey is just the same. The only outward physical difference you can see in her is probably her hair. It is getting so long and I LOVE it!


I have been having a blast trying fun new things for her hair. Of course, it only lasts until she takes a nap or we go anywhere in the car. Then her hands automatically reach up and start pulling the rubberbands out. It drives me crazy! She kind of is getting a mullet look because of it. All the hairs in the front of her head are short because she pulls her hair out and her back hair is long, long, long! I've thought about just not doing rubberbands for awhile, but then her hair would be in her eyes all day long. That drives me crazy too.

This is a typical Aubrey look at the end of the day. Hair is everywhere and she's goofing off with Tucker.
Apparently they thought they were hilarious and started eating their shoes. Aubrey loves dogs and is always barking when she sees one, she knows the sounds for a duck and cow and probably lots of others, but those are the most common. She is climbing everywhere, which is fine with me because she is 15 months old and not 12 like Tucker was. She eats great! Loves all fruits and veggies. She is a screamer and if she doesn't get her way that's what you frequently hear in our house. We're trying to help her learn to stop that habit, but all that does is produce a round of crying. She usually plays well with Tucker with some exceptions like when Tucker wrestles her down and lays on her. She's not a fan of that and more screams follow. She also loves to give kisses and she's been so fun to have in our house!

7 comments:

Leah and Mike said...

Cute girl! I am very impressed that she sat that long to do some of those hairdos! I love the pics of her in the car - too cute! You need to check out the hair link on my blog if you haven't already. It has such cute hairdos for little girls!

Susan said...

Aubrey is so cute - she seems to be so fun and spunky from those pics. :) My Becca is just about to turn 15 months in a couple days - she got weighed at the doctor's office this week (for a tear duct surgery) and she is only 18lbs 2oz. So, even though little Aubrey is tiny, she still has Becca beat! :)

Unknown said...

lisa her hair is so cute! i can't wait to do my little girls hair! i just hope they are like me and have lots when they are born!

Alysha said...

I totally understand the hair ordeal! Capri will never let me even do her hair and if I am lucky to do that, it's out within minutes! Aubrey seems like such a darling little girl-and don't worry about the little, Capri did the same thing. These two should get together and have a scream out!

Maquel said...

Aubrey is such a little Lisa. I love the hairstyles. If I ever have a little girl you'll need teach me how to do hair. Obviously, I don't know from experience.

Amber said...

She is getting so big. I can't believe how long her hair is getting. It makes her looks so grown-up. Hope you guys are doign well. Are you still making a trip here in August? Love to see you.

Becky said...

Ah, that sounds all too familiar. Lexi had a couple full on bald spots from ripping her elastics out! We started using a lot of clippies. :) I also had to keep cutting the back of Lexi's hair to let the top grow and catch up although it still isn't all the same length. But it's still so fun don't you think?