Sunday, March 30, 2008

Run Lisa Run!

Waving hi to my kiddies!
Erin and I. We ran the Baltimore half 1.5 years ago together.
Our cheering section.
I can't believe my race is over! So much time and energy goes into training for a half-marathon (and tons more time for a full marathon - side note: no desire to run one of those : ) and now the race is over and I feel...hmm great in mind, but not so great in body! The aches of a fast long run have taken over my body! It's all worth it though. I proved to myself that I could train throughout the winter months without a treadmill and I beat my previous two half marathon times! The race started at RFK stadium in DC at 7:00 am which made for a short night and an early day. I ran with my friend Erin and it was awesome! It was the start of the Cherry Blossom Festival so the sites were beautiful! Thanks to Cody, Tucker and Aubrey for being there at the end for me. I loved coming around the corner and seeing them cheer me on! Running rocks!

7 comments:

The Gibson's said...

I'm proud of you lisa I could never run a long distant race! It looks like you have fun.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AJ said...

Congrats on another Half under your belt. Running does rock.

PS- that was me above under another account accidentally.

Amanda said...

Looks like you had a beautiful day for your race, Lisa! Congratulations!

Amber said...

Congrats Lisa, it looks like you and Erin had a lot of fun. What a fun place to run and race and what a fun time of year. The blossoms look beautiful.

SkylineHIghClassOf2000 said...

lisa i am training for a full marathon right now without a tread mill as well? HOw did you do it any tips!!!

lucy said...

wow, you kicked butt!