Thursday, January 17, 2008

Brownies, Bath, Bubbles, Bed

Like most kids, Tucker loves to lick the beaters from the mixer and get all the chocolate out of the bowl. We made brownies last night and Tucker taught Aubrey the art of chocolate licking. Then we tossed them in the tub (not literally).
This was Aubrey's first bath out of her baby bath seat and she loved it. She'd go from sitting on her bum to being on her belly to her knees. She loves freedom!
I had to show off their bath towels. A friend of ours made Tucker's when he was a baby and since then I've learned how to make them on my own.
I cannot even tell you how hard it is to get both kids to look at the camera at the same time. It doesn't matter how goofy I am trying to be, I usually only get one set of eyes in my direction. I guess it didn't help that Finding Nemo was playing in the background behind me.

For those of you that don't know me well, I absolutely LOVE a good deal. The Disney store in our mall is closing it's doors Sunday and although that is very sad, especially for our ghetto mall, the deals that were found yesterday are awesome. Everything in the store was marked down and then you received 50% off everything at checkout. We went a bit overboard with the clothes, toys, and accessories, but I just couldn't pass up the bargains. We've got plenty of time to space the presents out and I just love the fact that it was all so cheap. (FYI-For you Old Navy shoppers, they are having their 75% off clearance sale right now. I bought cute socks for a quarter each this morning.)

9 comments:

Alisha said...

goodness they are growing up fast! and no, i don't have anything to announce yet. we'll see what the future brings.

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

You are right with old navy having a good sale...I got a bunch of stuff for way cheap online the other day for sister...and i love their socks =) didn't see any for twenty five cents though! you scored there.

Kate said...

Mmmm, brownies and a bubble bath...that's my idea of a good night! What a fun mom you are!

Starley Family said...

This is priceless! I love the licking the rubber spatula shot. It makes me crave batter mix right now...

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like two clean babies in their pj's ready to watch a good movie. That goes for us adults two we love our pj's and a movie.
love Mom

Anonymous said...

Those are some sweet towels! You always loved a good deal. Remember when Grandma would take us shopping for school clothes? Those were good times!

Anonymous said...

Make sure you call Grandma by the way. I'm sure you remembered anyway! :-)

Tiffany said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I can't get Kaiden past being terrified of the blenders the first time I had him help me cook. Now he hates being in the kitchen when I'm making anything. I can't believe how big Aubrey is getting. She's adorable. And I love your blog too by the way. It looks way good.

Marisa said...

Those brownies look so good! And I love the bath towels - yours and ours!