Friday, May 7, 2010

Riding the Train and Cinco De Mayo

On Wednesday we were able to ride the Heber Creeper for a great deal. Kids 3 and under were free and everyone else was only $6 a person. That's a fantastic deal! To ride the train when Thomas is around, it's $18 per adult and $16 per kid. There was no way we ever would have done that. My Mom came up and rode the train with us - she's lived here her whole life and never been on the train just like me. It was sponsored through the library and the kids received conductor hats and fruit snacks. Here we are getting our picture taken with Mr. Conductor.
The train takes you through the Heber Valley and winds around the west side of Deer Creek. It's beautiful with the mountains and lake. When we reached our turnaround point, the engine disconnects and goes around us to the now front of the train to take us back to the station.
Of course I only have pictures of the sage brush mountains, not Timp or the lake, but it was pretty.
Getting all 3 to keep their hats on for a picture took forever. I didn't take my SLR with me and that's always a mistake. I miss half the good shots, but at least it's not taking up my whole diaper bag. Aubrey didn't want to ruin her hair - wonder who told her that?!!

When Cody came home from work that night we made a Cinco De Mayo dinner. It was great with authentic meat from the Mexican market, fresh cilantro, guacamole, salsa, corn tortillas,  Jarritos to drink and Mexican rice.
Yummy!

2 comments:

Justin & Erin Linton Family said...

We looked into doing that a while ago because the boys are so into the trains. I think we settled on riding the Trax from Ogden to SLC. They thought it was cool. I haven't checked the blog recently, and it was fun to see all the improvements on the yard, and the cute birthday pictures. We are going to do the Yard another year, and it looks like a lot of work, good for you!
Erin

Chillygator said...

Hey Lisa! What a funny, small world. Totally is the same Heather (o: She's in my ward and one of my favorite people.