Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

We had a great day on Mother's Day. Tucker made me open my Mother's Day present last Thursday right when he got home from school. I told him that I was pretty sure I was supposed to wait until Sunday, but when he started unwrapping it for me, I decided now was a great time! He made me a cute bookmark of pressed flowers. He was so excited to show me how to use it and told me to put it in my scriptures. I'm sure it's the first of many more homemade presents to come and I LOVE IT!!
Here are my cute kiddos and me sitting on our GRASS! Yeah for grass! My yard was my Mother's Day present. How awesome is that!
This is a picture of the house with the grass in the front. The dirt pile is slowly going away. Cody built up the flower beds right in front of the house more tonight and we'll use the rest of the dirt in our garden this weekend. Like I mentioned before, the backyard isn't complete yet, so once we buy more sod and have it laid, I'll take a picture. I have to tell you though, it is so fun driving past our street and seeing grass. 
We went to sacrament meeting and Tucker sang a Mother's Day song with the rest of the primary. It was really cute and sweet. I asked him if he was really going to sing and he told me he would. He'd look at me to make sure I was watching when he knew the words. Afterwards we drove down to visit our Mom's. Here the kids are playing in Cody's parents backyard.
My cute princess.
I'm kind of lame and didn't get a picture with any of our Mom's but here's a cute picture of Cody's Dad, Cole and Cody.
We were able to visit with Cody's family, my family and my Grandpa/ma Foster. We love all the Mom's in our lives. Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

Your yard looks fabulous. Isnt it amazing what a difference the grass makes? Our first house took a long time to get landscaped too so I know the feeling. I can only imagine how much that is magnified when you have kiddos dying to play outside.

Karina & John Calderwood said...

YAY for grass! I can't wait for the day when Kelsi "understands" that she is making me a gift!!! :) SO CUTE.

Lisa said...

Your yard looks great! It is amazing the difference it makes when you put in grass. It was fun seeing you guys on mother's day.