Friday, May 7, 2010

Laying the sod

This cute little face follows me around all day long.
And this is the view I see when I look straight down. My belly, a big boy and my baby. Little does my baby know that he is going to be dethroned in 10 weeks. : )
So it all happened Tuesday night. Our sod is now our lawn! Cody's dad and the men and young men from our ward came over and helped us roll it all out. The tractor moved the rolls over into position.
And then 1 by 1 they were rolled, cut and shaped to fit our yard.
I'm so glad I didn't have to help with this part. Sod is heavy!
Our free sod took us to about a 1/3 of our backyard. Not too shabby! We'll order sod for the rest of the yard in the next week or so and get that put in too.
I haven't downloaded the finished yard picture yet from my camera, so when I get around to doing that - I'm sure there will be a new post. We are so grateful for all the help we received throughout this process. It would be impossible to do alone.

0 comments: