Friday, May 30, 2008

2nd and 3rd days

Don't worry I'm not going to document everyday that we live here in Colorado. I just don't want my posts to be super long. On Sunday we kept unpacking (it really is never ending) and then drove over to Canon City to see the Royal Gorge Bridge. It's this bridge that is suspended over a river that you can walk or drive across. Of course, being the new touristy residents we are, we didn't realize that it would cost $23 a person to walk across! Insane! We walked to the overlook and took pictures instead.

(Click on the picture to enlarge.) And if you are crazy, you can swing over it.

Don't we have lovely children?! Grandma & Grandpa Calderwood still seem to think so.
On Monday we went for a 10 minute drive over to Garden of the Gods. It's like this mini Moab right on the mountain.
This picture is the backside of "kissing camels".

This is what we'll be doing this summer. Rockclimbing! We were only able to go once while living in Maryland. We have some good friends moving to the Springs in a few weeks that love to rock climb too. Yay!
Tucker is starting young!
So that's about it. There really is tons more I could post about, like the new table we bought (our first piece of furniture since we've been married that we've actually purchased), the details of the house (pictures will come later I promise), how everyone but me has been sick with the flu since moving here (I'm crossing my fingers), how we received a new phone number only to find out that someone else has it too, our A/C doesn't work and it's been 80 degrees, Aubrey has fallen down the stairs 3 times (we really need to buy a gate), we drove to 5 grocery stores with our GPS guiding us before we found one that isn't out of business (what the heck), we've had dinner at a member of the stake presidency's house (good friends parents), we drove to the Denver airport and tried to find the temple, we saw the AirForce Thunderbirds fly overhead and so on!

We are loving Colorado Springs and are happy we've moved here. If you ever want to come visit we'll have plenty to show you! Look for our updated address and phone number email coming soon to your Inbox. If you don't receive one, it's probably because I don't have your email. Just leave me a comment and I'll forward it on to you.

19 comments:

Meiszus' Musings said...

I liked Colorado Springs too when I was there (although there were many things I might have changed). I remodeled (at least significantly) the Hyatt Place on Garden of the Gods and I-25. It is a great town for outdoor stuff. Have fun.

Katie said...

wow! everything looks so beautiful there. how fun. we are in a hotel right now in memphis waiting for our realtor to call back to see if the offer on the house we want was accepted. aren't our lives sort of crazy right now? everyone is everywhere! looks like you are loving the springs. good on ya! see you utah maybe?

Aaron and Melissa said...

It sounds like you have had some crazy days, but fun too! I am sure you will love it there. Can't wait to visit you guys some time. Keep in touch. We miss you.

Carson Calderwood said...

Nice pix. Glad the drive went well. Can't wait until we do some CO exploring together!

Maquel said...

I'm really jealous of you guys. It sounds really fun to move to a new place, especially one that looks so beautiful. Clark and I will have to come visit you again.

Summer said...

Wow, so you moved to play, not to work. Dentistry, schmentistry! Who needs it anyway! I'm glad you guys made it safely, especially through the tornado (scary) and that you're getting settled. I'm excited for you!

Carter Family said...

Wow, great pics. Sounds like quite the adventure since you guys left the BLT. Its not to late the move to "HOTlanta" ya know. J/K Well it sounds like you guys are going to like living in HOT-rado Springs. Don't forget the little guys now.
Bryce

Carter Family said...

Wait...not "Hot-rado" Springs more like, "COLD-O-rado Springs. Sweet, now I have my nickname for your place.

Alysha said...

So exciting that you are getting moved in! There is not a better feeling than being settled and organized. It looks like you have already done your fair share of tourist stuff which is so much fun being a newby in town!

Leale said...

Well, i'll be the first to say that i'm not glad that you made it. i think you can understand why. rob is buying tickets for the uw vs. byu game and realized we were planning on doing the big trip/game with you. gosh...you've just ruined all our plans. but...i'm still planning on seeing you in october lisa :-) miss you guys tons.

katie

Amber said...

Glad that you made it safe and sound and are liking the new area. I am also glad to hear that you made it through the tornado! Yikes! We hit tornado warnings in NE and were nervous but luckily didn't see any. We are liking our new place and will update our blog soon.Hope to see you in June.

Lisa said...

It sounds like Colorado Springs is full of fun things to keep you guys entertained! We are glad the move went well and your all settling into life. We are glad that you updated your blog. We missed hearing from you the last couple of weeks. You can plan on us visiting sometime within the next few months!

Justin & Erin Linton Family said...

Wow!! I am glad to hear you like colorado springs, we are quite fond of it too. It was fun to hear all our your adventures, and we can't wait for ours to start. I guess I better get some boxes huh? I am excited for you guys, we already miss you!

hartleyhouse said...

Glad to hear you made it to Colorado safe and sound! We're going to miss you guys!

Starley Family said...

Looks like an awesome place guys! Maybe we'll have to come visit sometime!

Melissa Rose said...

Hey congrats on the move! It looks very pretty there! Since I didn't get into Pharmacy school in Utah I applied to Pharmacy Tech school. It's such some applied technology college. Nothing too exciting. I am just memorizing the top 200 drugs in brand and generic and their therapeutic use.

Preston said...

Where is day 4 and 5?

Unknown said...

IM GLAD YOU MADE IT SAFE. JER AND I MIGHT HAVE TO COME VISIT SOMETIME. JER WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GO TO A NFL GAME AND SAID SOMETHING AWHILE AGO ABOUT DENVER WHICH I HEAR IS ONLY 1 1/2 HOURS AWAY. BUT YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE ABLE TO HANDLE TWINS WITH US TOO. LOL

Leah and Mike said...

We can't wait to visit - it looks like there is a ton to do! I'm glad you guys got there safely and are liking it. We miss you guys - we better get to see you in June when you come here!