Thursday, May 8, 2008

Is it a bunny?


This car just keeps on tickin. It must be powered with that long-lasting energizer bunny. We've hit a milestone today and I can't believe that in the last 7 years I've put 120,000 miles on this baby! I must drive a lot. I guess driving from Ricks College back and forth to Utah didn't help a lot, and then when I lived in Provo the back and forth to Salt Lake, plus when I taught clogging in Annapolis and Columbia I was putting 120 miles on the car a week just to teach dance.

This car has served me and my family well. It's the first "big" thing that I am proud to say I paid for without help from my parents. There have been plenty of times when I wished it would get hit and be totaled so that we could buy a newer car...but in the end, I am glad it's still around. Plus, who wants to deal with a car wreck?

The Subaru has traveled to all of the New England states and down the coast to South Carolina. It's been driven to Mexico and close to the Canadian border.

Pretty soon I'll get to almost retire from the Subaru. We just bought a new car (pathfinder) and lucky for me, I get to drive it! Cody, the doctor, will have the privilege of traveling in style with our sexy Subaru...until we can afford his Ford power stroke.

Keep on tickin little green car!

7 comments:

Lettie B. said...

I had a car like that. We just barely sold it. It was so good to me, yet I hated it too. I often hoped that the car would get totaled and nobody hurt. Thankfully it never came to that and we still managed to get a few bucks out of it. I think it's smart to have an older car for as long as it is suitable for you. Car payments are a chunk of change!
It must have been a great car to get you all those places!

Kevin said...

If it were a bunny wouldn't you have hundreds of little tiny subbies to drive? Wouldn't they be newer models too? Just a thought......Love the car. :-)

jaredandjen said...

Congrats on the 200,000 mile mark. If I had a dollar for every mile on your car, I still couldn't pay off my dental school debt! I'm graduating from UCLA's dental school in a couple weeks, then headed to VCU for oral and maxillofacial surgery... following my dream! I sent Cody an email a couple years ago after running into Matt Wetzel at my church building... but never heard back--I thought I would try again. Congrats on all the success. Colorado is sweet (spent 7 years there as a young lad before moving to Sandy). Drop me a note sometime. -Jared Martin (jsmartin@byu.edu).

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

We're still waiting for our passport to die. It's a love/hate relationship. We'd like an excuse to get a new car, yet it's always been good us. Except the gas gage which seems to have a mind of it's own!

Anonymous said...

Power Stroke?? More like minivan POWER!!!! Your Yellowitz car outdid my Cavvy. I only got 195000.

Bryce

Anonymous said...

after working at the subaru body shop and getting to drive those cars in the bad snow. I have come to a conclution that I agree with all the other subaru owners, there isn't anything like them. They only want to be in a rental car that is subaru. families just keep buying more and they have several of them. I just got a totaled 1996 outback wagon. I love it and I feel like I have died and gone to heaven. It feels bran new. I have heard they can get 300,000. I gues I will just have to see. It's kind of fun having three of them in the family and they are all different. You go girl.
Love
Mom.

Carson Calderwood said...

Awesome! We have probably past the 100K mark with the Jeep recently (we bought it w/ 11K), but we won't know it exactly. The speed/tachometer's went out for a while and it didn't keep track of mileage so it says 90k, but has much more. Here's to keeping old cars running for as long as possible!