Thursday, May 15, 2008

Free At Last!!!

Today was graduation for the dental school. Finally! I am done with school forever, and I am free at last! One little ceremony releases me from the evil grips of the dental school and their masochistic desire to watch us suffer, and to try with all their might to prevent us from escaping the dungeon-like atmosphere surrounding the academic experience associated with dental school. Free at last!
The weather was fantastic today and we had the ceremonies at Morgan State University in order to accommodate all the guests. Lisa's mom Susan, and Carson and Marisa flew out to attend with us. Carson was fortunate enough to get away to come and hood me at graduation.
This first picture is of me shaking hands with Dr. Bradbury right before receiving my hood. He is secretly telling me that I'm lucky I got away in one piece, and that if it were up to him I would be coming back for another year. Just kidding, he's a great man that I will miss in the future. In the background Carson is approaching to hood me, and apparently Dr. Reidy fell asleep in her chair. She probably hasn't had a good night's sleep in ages. She's been too busy scheming up different ways that she can fail students in Perio and keep them from graduating!
Here's Carson and Dr. Zeller 'hooding' me, the official coronation of a doctor.

My sweet heart Lisa and I after the ceremony.


The Mormon wives club.


All of my guests at graduation smiling. Marisa, Carson, Me, Lisa, and Susan.

The Mo-mo's as we were called. All the Owings Mills Mormons after graduation. Yes, in case you were wondering, I am the smartest and best looking of the bunch too.


I'm so excited to finally be done with academics and all the hoopla surrounding it. It's about time too. I'm 29 and finally done with school. Ah yeah. No more forever. So, when you call to ask for me on the phone, be sure to ask for Dr. Calderwood!

16 comments:

Amanda said...

It had been such a long road for you both and what a terrific accomplishment! Good luck in Colorado, we are sad it isn't Washington or Utah but we are excited for your adventures.

Unknown said...

GOOD JOB CODY THAT IS SO COOL. Well Dr.Calderwood I will have to come out and have you check my teeth sometime. :)

Kevin said...

Nice! Dr. Calderwood....wow..that makes you sound really rich! I look forward to Christmas time now! AAAHHHHHH YAAAA baby! lol. So whats up with the purple? j/k Its going to be nice to finally have you guys a little closer! later man

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! I BET IT IS NICE TO BE DONE AND YOU CAN MOVE INTO A NEW CHAPTER OF YOUR LIFE!

Lettie B. said...

congratulations and how fun to have had Carson participate in the ceremony with you too. That's really cool.
And 29 and just finishing? Nate's almost 31 and he has yet to get his Bachelors! :)

AJ said...

Congratulations on a great accomplishment Cody. Good luck in CO.

The Nielsens said...

Congrats Cody!! I don't think any of us thought you'd actually make it :) We're all gonna miss you guys!!

dan and audrey said...

that is an amazing accomplishment! congratulations to both of you, cody for finishing school and lisa for supporting him. i really think sometimes they would never finish without the support and motivation from their wives or husbands. good luck in colorado. :)

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

So i finally looked on here after about 3 weeks...anyway, CONGRATULATIONS! I am "fortunate" enough for Mackay to begin his MBA in 2 months. Ugh! I wish i was in your situation instead and him being done! =) oh well!

Christine said...

Congrats! I didn't get a chance to say goodbye today (Sunday) and know you are leaving this week...it has been great having your family in our ward and I wish you all the best...I will be keeping up with you - oh how I love the blogging world!! Good luck in Colorado!

Unknown said...

What's up Doc!

Carter Family said...

I can't beleive they let you be a doctor. J/K congratulations. It has been quite a ride. I really appreciate all the help you have been to me. Good Luck bro.
Bryce

Marisa said...

Congrats Dr. Calderwood! It was awesome to be there with you guys and I hope everything goes well with the move!

Rachelle & Matt said...

Congrats Cody or shoudl I say Dr. Calderwood! What an exciting time for you and your family!

Carson Calderwood said...

Congrats Dr. C! BTW, who is the old man w/ no hair in some of those pictures with you? Poor guy...

Anonymous said...

You da man!!!! Or should I say your the doctor? Did you hear the one about the doctor who.......? Just kidding. I'm very proud of you, son.
Love, Dad