Monday, May 12, 2008

Night Out

Saturday night Lisa and I went out to dinner at McCormick and Schmick's with our friends the Shumways. (thank you Huffs for watching the kids) It is a really nice seafood restaurant located right on the Inner Harbor. We viewed this outing as an early Mother's Day dinner, and one last hurrah with the Shumways before graduation.


I made reservations for us earlier in the week, and it turned out to be very wise. When we showed up, the place was packed. They didn't have any openings at all for the night. Good for us. When our hostess took us back to our table, I was pumped because we were lucky enough to get the best seat in the house. We were on the edge of the restaurant next to the big windows overlooking the water. It was beautiful as the sun was setting over Baltimore.

I surprised Lisa with her mothers day gift a little early. I gave her some new perfume, by Guess, so that she could wear it out on our date. She loves the smell of it, and thus loves me more. Woo hoo! Brownie points for me.



Well, the food was great, the desert was divine and we really enjoyed the atmosphere there.

After dinner, we walked around the pier and enjoyed the scenery and the boats that were coming and going. It was a great night to be out, and the weather was perfect.




If any of you are looking for a fun, romantic place to go eat in the Baltimore area, I recommend McCormick & Schmick's. It's best enjoyed in the evening as the sun goes down so you can take advantage of the views across the harbor.

4 comments:

Preston said...

sounds like a great place! I can't wait for the day I can say I am graduating

Becky said...

Excellent! Thanks for the recommendation. I guess we still have plenty of time to make our way there. Boo. Cute pics!

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

I am glad you went there and not the M&S grille. Carissa and I went with her family to the grille and were not very pleased. I have heard the full restaurant is much better! Congrats on graduating- i wasn't sure if you were going to make it but good job!

Lisa said...

It sounds awesome! I love seafood! It is one of the things I miss about the East coast. The picture of both of you turned out really nice! I remember walking along that pier when we came to visit you.