Sunday, March 6, 2016

Taco Bell Obsession

Around early February Lisa developed an obsession with Taco Bell. It's been quite funny. She didn't used to particularly love Taco Bell, but now she talks about it all the time. She talks about how much she loves the cheesy sauce and the sliced tomatoes. I have no idea where this obsession came from, but it is real and she is very sincere about her love for Taco Bell. She will giggle and become so excited whenever she gets to eat there. She is like a little girl on Christmas morning. It's funny to see her reaction.

She has even had some funny Taco Bell sayings. When her cravings first started, I put her to bed one evening and kissed her goodnight and told her I was about to go downstairs and exercise. She kissed me back and said, “ok, as long as you don’t go to Taco Bell without me.” Ok, I’ll try and refrain babe!
One day at dinner time she got really serious, looked me in the eye and said, “I don’t want to be buried at a Taco Bell. I still love their cheesy sauce, but I think I would rather be buried in a cemetery.” That was a big relief for me. Trying to figure out how I was going to sneak her coffin in to a Taco Bell without getting arrested was proving to be problematic.
Another evening we were alone in our room and I was catching her up with everything that had happened that day. She stopped me right in the middle of one of my sentences and said, “I’m sorry. I didn’t hear a word you just said. I was just thinking about Taco Bell.” Apparently her deep love for me took a back seat to her love for the gooey goodness from Taco Bell.
When my sister Kristin and her husband Chris announced the birth of their newly adopted daughter, Lisa was talking about her cheesy sauce from Taco Bell and said to me, "I guess now I'm going to have to start sharing it with the baby, dipping her binky in it." 

Taco Bell's social media department caught wind of this and sent her a care package. She was in heaven to receive it. They sent her some t-shirts, a hat, a bag, some cord organizers and some rings that spelled out Taco Bell. Well done Taco Bell! You made her day.


This is her genuinely happy grin as she is eating at Taco Bell. Such a funny lady.

0 comments: