Sunday, March 6, 2016

Grown Men Don't Cry


This song has been coming to my mind the past few weeks as I find myself in tears. Like Tim McGraw said, "I don't know why they say grown men don't cry." As I've thought about it, I'm not crying for Lisa. If anything, I'll be relieved for her when she dies. She'll be in a better place, will have her memories and wits about her, and will be free of her terrible cancer.
I've realized that my reasons for crying are quite selfish. I'm heartbroken that I won't have her by my side anymore. And even though I have wonderful family and friends for support, I fear that I'll be lonely without her to talk to, to laugh with, and to confide in. I'm not sure why they say grown men don't cry, because I sure have done my fair share lately. I do take comfort though in knowing that the only perfect man to walk this earth also cried. The shortest verse in the bible, John 11:35 "Jesus wept".

0 comments: