Sunday, March 6, 2016

Skiing at Solitude

Lisa surprised me Christmas morning with two tickets to the Jazz vs Miami Heat basketball game. We had such a fun night and the Jazz pulled out a win at home, which is always appreciated. I surprised Lisa with this selfie, thus her shocked look.

We took the whole family skiing at Solitude in early January. We put Blake in ski school in the morning, and then picked him up at lunch to be with us the rest of the day. It was a really fun day, but at the same time really frustrating. We didn't recognize it at the time, but Lisa's brain tumor was starting to limit her ability to do complex physical actions, like skiing. She really struggled to get down the mountain. I feel bad about it now, but we were getting flustered that she couldn't ski a blue. We should have recognized it, but we didn't unfortunately. She couldn't even understand why she was struggling so badly. As a result I wasn't as patient as I should have been. I kept thinking to myself that she has been skiing since she was a little girl and we have skied our entire marriage, why is she having such a hard time? If I could go back and do it again, I would have been a lot more patient that day.
The kids had a blast as usual. Here's Aubrey and Cole on the chair lift.

Aubrey and me.

Cole ripping it up on a blue.

Blake smiling away!




And then Aubrey and me at the truck at the end of the day.


Here are a few videos of the kids skiing.




0 comments: