Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What kids do best.

The sister missionaries stopped by tonight while Cody was at Young Men's and the kids started playing upstairs. I knew they were playing in my room, but thought the extent of their destruction would be throwing the pillows off my bed. WRONG! After the missionaries left I headed upstairs to find them both standing in the tub, fully clothed with the water running. Aubrey had used up one of my lip glosses all over herself while Tucker had shampooed his hands who knows how many times. You might not be able to see it, but my bed and the wall are covered in sparkly pink lip gloss.
My thread from my sewing machine was strewn around the room with various other items from my desk.

I guess I can't get too mad at them. Of course, deep down, I'm sure they knew it was wrong, but what kid hasn't done something like this when their parents weren't watching!
On a side note, here are the pictures I got from my second try at Kiddie Kandids yesterday. Still no picture of the 2 of them together, but some cute individual shots. If they'd only smile like they did in the tub... Those are the smiles I really would like to pay for!

18 comments:

Alysha said...

Don't you just love that?! I am sure you weren't too happy about the clean-up, but we all surely enjoyed it!
Oh, and love the pictures-two little angels. :)

Sarah said...

SUCH cute kids you have...your little girl could be your twin! I LOVE the bathtub shot! They are seriously adorable Lisa!

Kevin said...

lol.... thats hilarious! The only thing better than that is when your kids take off their diapers and play in their poop! That is classic!

Susan said...

Oh my!! They really went into destruction mode, didn't they? Whenever they know I'm really distracted, my kiddos go all crazy too and they LOVE it! :)

Unknown said...

I love that you caught the destruction in the pictures. I actually have some of these of myself when I was little and causing trouble. I love them now. They'll get a real kick out of them when they are older!

Autumn and Mitch said...

Its crazy how much your kids look like little fosters. They are so dang cute.

Maquel said...

Wow! What a mess! I really wish I could remember more clearly to when I was 2-ish so I could understand what the driving factor is behind this kind of thing. Stockton has flooded our bathroom three times this week. Cute pictures, though, especially the formal shots!

Lisa said...

The picture of them standing in the tub is priceless! It is even cuter because they are holding hands. It is amazing the mischief that two little kids can get into. It looks like they were having a lot of fun together.

Leah and Mike said...

That is so funny!! Quite the little destructors :) The pictures turned out really cute - good job!!

Dayna said...

Oh my gosh, your kids are clones of my kids! They do stuff like that daily!! Clean up is always a treat with a huge belly! I agree that pictures are priceless in times like this. At least you know that your kids are creative with their spare time.

Starley Family said...

super cute photos! Man I know what you mean about the lipstick and bubbles. I would add lotion to that list. Katelyn is crazy with the stuff...

Brian and Becca said...

LOL, that is hilarious!!! At those moments you just don't know if you should yell at them or laugh, hehehe.

Mily said...

You guys have beautiful children. Those pics are so adorable! And the bathtub pic...love it!

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

I guess two kids means double the trouble! Carly loves to play in the water too! And she loves chapstick. I'll have to keep an extra close watch on my sparkly lipgloss!

Dan & Heather Pelfrey said...

Ah what cute little monsters! I love that they probably were laughing when you took the picture too! Remind me not to leave my lip gloss around Aubrey when we come out next week. I love your little monster children. Dan thinks that someday we're going to have twins that are just like them. Unfortunetly, he's probably right.

QT Twin said...

such good times! Congrates on another boy-that will be so much fun.

Train Gang said...

those are the cutest faces in the tub..no way you could be mad at that!

Hey, congratulations on #3!!!!! We haven't made it there yet so we will be watching your family for inspiration. You make adorable children so you shouldn't stop at three.

Christine said...

I am glad that it is not just my children who would do something like that!