Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Lucky Ones

 The lyrics in this song by Kerli really hit home for me. Even more so after watching the video and seeing the husband and wife, where the husband kisses the bald head of the wife (starting at 3:09 and going to 3:50).  It reminds me of the many blessings that Lisa and I have been given and of the storm that we have weathered over the past year.  Here are the lyrics that I loved:

"We are the lucky ones
Oh whatever comes
We are the lucky ones

And when your world is crumbling down
I can make it better
When you're lost, need to be found
I will look for-e-ever

Just keep me close, there is no storm
That we can not weather
However high, however low
I will face for-e-ever

For you"

Here is the video:

I feel closer to Lisa than ever before after what we have gone through.  It's been a crazy, wild, stressful, exhausting ride.  But she is still here and has been given a fighting chance, and for that I am super grateful.  I consider ourselves the lucky ones.

Lisa 15 months ago:

1 comments:

Laurel said...

So sweet. You are the lucky ones, and for that I am grateful and so happy for you.