Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Fun

We had a great time this year on Halloween. We carved our pumpkins last Wednesday. I did a bat for the kids and a ghost/Boo pumpkin. Cody carved the cool one below. It looks awesome all lit up! This year was the year of not buying anything for Halloween. Aubrey was the cutest clown ever! My mom made this costume for my little brother about 13 years ago. She was darling!

Tucker borrowed his Mr. Incredible costume from his cousin Parker. He really wanted to be a giraffe, but the one I bought from Costco was too small and I kept getting outbid on ebay. Oh well, superhero it was!
We trick-0r-treated down Park City's Main street in the afternoon and they kids received TONS of candy. They didn't even need to go out that night. It was fun because Cody saw a bunch of his patients and their families.
That evening Cody's parents came up for dinner and to trick-0r-treat with us. Here we are sitting down for a chili and cornbread dinner.
Cody and I were Mexicans this year. I froze my toes off! If I'm ever a Mexican again I'll find out what they wear on their feet when the weather is cold! Cole was a little devil. Tucker wore the costume when he was 1. It's funny because when Tucker wore it he'd been walking for a few months and could carry around a little pitchfork. Cole stayed at home with Cody's mom and the rest of us were off to find the goods!

It was pure excitement at each house! Aubrey was so excited about every piece of candy and had to show it to me. We love living in such a great neighborhood where you actually know your neighbors. We've never been around that before. No more trunk-or-treats for us - we can do the real thing now!
Cody's pumpkin. Perfect for him and our family!
We had so much fun that night and ended it with Dark Knight. Unfortunately daylight savings began the next day. I am not a fan of it, especially with kids that do not want to adapt to the change. I mean come on, who wants it to get dark at 5:00pm? That's not saving me any energy by having to turn all my lights on that early. Plus, my kids don't care that it's 6:00 when they wake up now!

12 comments:

ang said...

i know - daylight savings is the worst.

cute halloween stuff!!

Lettie B. said...

Daylight Savings is the best! It's when it ends that is is the worst )and it just ended). ;)

Lisa - your kids look cute. I always love it when old costumes get used by the next generation. Cody's pumpkin is great. It seems like he had an awesome one last year too.

Katie Clifford said...

You guys all looked adorable! (although I don't think your Mexican costumes can compair with the trailer trash from last year... that was just classic!) and Cody's pumkin turned out great!

Carson Calderwood said...

I like the pumpkin holder. That is pretty cool

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

darling kiddos! :)

Jenks Family said...

I love the smile pumpkin, only a dentist would think of that. You should have glued a toothbrush and toothpaste to it also.

Kevin said...

My pumpkin was better and it probably needs a visit to Dr. Cody with those fangs! Check it out!

Katie said...

i love the little clown - she is perfect!

Holly said...

That is the cutest clown costume I have ever seen! Props to your Mom! Oh, and you guys make cute Mexicans!

Burnhams said...

I am in love with Aubrey and her little clown costume! She is such a doll!

Craig and Erin said...

Love the outfits!So darn cute! Fun to have your parents there too! Love you guys!

Amber said...

Looks like you guys had a fun halloween. I especially think that Aubrey is a cute little clown, and we of course really like the pumpkin.