Thursday, August 13, 2009

No To Obamacare

OK, so I have to vent on the ridiculous claims, contradictions and issues with the health care system that Obama and his puppets are trying to pass right now. And before anyone says that I am biased because it will effect my job, let me clear something up. Dentistry, as of now, will not be covered under the proposed plan. So, I say this out of concern for our nation, not my job. My job will go on the same as far as patients coming to my office and paying for their treatment.

First, you need to read just a couple of articles elaborating on some of this fiasco. One is in the Augusta Chronicle, and the other is in Time Magazine.

Now I have no intentions of spreading lies or incorrect crap to sway people to my side. (by the way, shame on all who spread rumors and lies to scare people into thinking differently) And on that note, what a bunch of freaking hypocrites the liberals like Pelosi and Obama are to denounce their opponents for fear mongering. They themselves are doing the exact same thing with statements like, "We can't afford not to pass this!" Oh and Ms. Nancy Pelosi, try being a little more consistent about when you praise people for raising the voice of dissent when it is in your favor, only to turn your face and condemn others as being un-american for their opposition. The American media loved and praised opposition as the most basic American right for the past 8 years, and now they seem to frown and ridicule all those that openly oppose these proposed policies. For those that might struggle with the English language, let me enlighten you on what the definition of hypocrite is: a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives.

Why do so many Americans want a government run health care when other government run agencies (like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and the United States Postal Service) are all losing BILLIONS and BILLIONS of dollars a year? Have we not learned our lesson on what happens when the government tries to run something? Inefficiency is their M.O.

Also, everybody agrees that the system has problems, so let's fix the problems, not overhaul the system. Let's make it possible to get the same rate for a private plan as you can get with a group plan. Let's make it possible to purchase and still use your health insurance across state lines. Let's please finally put a cap on malpractice lawsuits. I guarantee you that with tort reform would come much more affordable health care and much more accessible health care. Did you know that some neurosurgeons have a malpractice insurance fee of $200,000 a year thanks in large part to cockroach lawyers like John Edwards? These are only a few of the possible solutions to achieve health care reform without socializing medicine.

Why are so many people so eager to bankrupt our nation in order to push through this agenda? We are in the middle of the worst economic melt down in the past 70 years. The only way to make this health care system to work is to tax the people and impose burdensome taxes on small business owners. I promise you that if they pass the small business taxes that they are discussing, I will be forced to lay off an employee, and I won't be the only one. The ripple effect of this health care plan would be massive unemployment on top of the high unemployment rate we already have.

Arggggg, it's so frustrating that logic gets thrown out the window in place of pathos rhetoric. Now is the time for everyone in this country to let their senator and representatives know what you think about this plan. If we don't speak up, we only have ourselves to blame for the disasters that lie ahead.

4 comments:

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

I have a friend who lived in another country with the health care that obama wants...she had to fly home to america to get an infected ingrown toenail out because the said they couldn't help her for two months!! i don't know a lot about any of it, but if it is the same as how my friends was, people will really piss and moan when they government takes over half of their paycheck each month like hers so that people who are too lazy to go out and get jobs can get healthcare for free...hopefully i am wrong :)

Nicole said...

it makes want to scream just thinking and reading about it! are people really that stupid to go along with it, or is it just laziness

Carson Calderwood said...

nice post. Too bad too many others let their emotions do the talking instead of logic.

Amanda said...

I will be the first to admit I am biased because of my job. I don't think having to see twice as many patients in half the time is good for anyone. And with Triacare I see a great deal of military patients, as the bases nearby are always booked for appointments. Where are people going to go when their PCP is booked? Well, they are going to have to wait.

I remember during my ER rotation at Harborview in Seattle we had patients in the halls, as the beds were full, and one guys stopped me (as I was already taking take of 4 patients). He asked me when he would be seen, and I informed him as soon as one of us could get to him. He then made sure to let me know he was for socialized medicine. I thought to myself 'well I hope you like even longer wait times'. There will be more patients coming to see less providers.

As you can tell, I have a definite opinion on the subject. But it will directly affect my job. I don't want the government telling me how to practice medicine and what is good for my patients.

I'm not saying the our healthcar doesn't need fixing, but I think we need to teach Americans how to be wise healthcare consumers first and foremost. That's just my 2 cents for what it's worth.