Sunday, January 4, 2009

Moving In

Last Sunday morning, my brother-in-law, Dan, drove the moving truck, I followed with Tucker in our Subaru, and Heather drove her truck with Aubrey and we caravaned out of Colorado Springs. A normal 8.5 hour drive turned into 12 as we made our way to Utah. The winds were crazy and we saw 8 semis tipped over on the side of the freeway. We didn't mind going slow (and we couldn't go over 70 anyway with the moving truck) and after dropping the moving truck off at the Midway house, drove down to my parents to spend the night. Cody was by himself in our empty townhouse, but luckily some great friends invited him over for dinner Monday night so he wouldn't spend his last night completely alone.

I dropped the kids off at my in laws Monday morning and my family and I drove up to the house to move everything in. It's crazy the amount of stuff you don't think you have as everything gets unloaded from a truck. Cody and I both felt bad that we couldn't help unload stuff, but what can you do when one of you is in a different state and the other is 8 months pregnant.

I don't have many pictures of moving into our house. I was busy directing people on where to put our belongings and didn't think to grab my camera until the truck was unloaded.

Thank you to my family for helping out and Cody's friend Dave that dropped by to help out too. Really, I couldn't have done it without you!



My siblings and I. Spencer, Kevin, me and Heather.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Wow... who is that good lookin tall guy with all the short people, huh? LOL... glad I could come help out. Lisa, the kids and I had fun visting you guys on Sat. Love the house and your future house across the street!!!

Katie said...

I am so glad that you guys got there safely - Cody told us about the semis and hi... that had to be a little hard on the nerves!