Monday, January 12, 2009

Deer Valley

I went skiing today at Deer Valley with my good buddy Joe Fullmer. He's in town visiting from Chicago, so we hooked up to hit the slopes. Sorry I don't have any pictures of us, as we currently don't have a small portable camera thanks to the kids. Also, I normally go skiing with my favorite ski partner, Lisa, but as she is about to pop with the baby, she decided to pass.

The skiing was great and I had a fun time with Joe, his wife Stephanie and his mom. I really loved the 10 minute drive from our house to the gondola. So nice! It's crazy that today was my first time ever skiing at Deer Valley. For all the years I have been skiing in Utah, I never made it there because I always thought it was a really yuppy, over rated resort with too many green runs. Boy was I wrong! I now see why it is consistantly rated as the number 1 ski resort in America. The staff was very friendly, there were next to zero wait times for the lifts, the people that ski there are actually quite tollerable, and the terrain was very good with a fantastic variety of blacks, blues and greens. Not to mention the incredible views of Park City, the Wasatch Mountains, Jordanelle reservoir, and the Uintahs in the distance. I am now a fan.

Also, I was very pleased with my ski equipment. The boots were comfortable and warm the whole day and the skis really carved like champs. They are most excellent on groomers, so now I'm anxious to see how they perform in powder.

If any of you are looking to save some major mula, go check out the website www.evogear.com. That's where I got all my stuff. If you do your research and then go check out the outlet section, you can come away like a bandit. I got my never been used K2 skis for $90. Boo yah! I figure that I saved around $1500 on my whole set up.

4 comments:

Laurel said...

what a great shot!

Russell said...

Awsome! I am jealous, I haven't been able to ski for years. From a guy who used to ski at least three times a week that is a painful comment. Glad you can still enjoy it. Looks like you guys are enjoying being back in Utah.

lucy said...

sounds like you guys are keeping busy and enjoying life. Good for you! I've been itching to hit the slopes this year. We'll see.

Nate and April said...

hahaha i need more cody in my life!!!