Friday, April 25, 2008

Has it really been 5 years?

Happy 5th anniversary to Lisa and me! It's crazy how fast time flies when you're having fun, right? 5 years ago today we were married for all eternity in the Salt Lake temple. It was a great day that we will remember forever. The weather at the temple was beautiful, and as you can see from the photo, the tulips were beautiful in full bloom. There's not much about that day that I would do differently. Maybe I would have been a little more eloquent with my speech at the luncheon, but whatever. Everything else was so great on that day.
As Lisa said to me today, our first 5 years will be remembered as "the school years". It's fun to look ahead now that we are finally done with school and are headed to Colorado. We have had such a fantastic 5 years of marriage with so many adventures, changes, and additions. I feel like we are still improving our friendship and working together to get to know each other better and better every day. I couldn't have asked for a better companion. I love her even more today than I did then, and I am very excited for everything the future has in store for us.
p.s. where did all my hair go?

16 comments:

Leah and Mike said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! We are so proud you made it these 5 years. I sure hope we can make it to 5 years...1 month and 6 days to go :) Have a great day together!

Alisha said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! It is incredibly crazy how fast time flies! I hope you both have a wonderful time and we are so excited to hear about your move! You'll be closer to us all!

Carson Calderwood said...

Happy Anniversary! Did you notice dad in the reflection of the windows in that first picture? Sorry my ecard arrived early. It didn't give me the option to choose a send date.

Lettie B. said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful couple! You think 5 went by fast, Just wait. Just an eight hour drive. Can't wait. Good luck you two.
Love
Mickey & Cerola

Katie said...

I know where - to the stress of dental school. Maybe it will come back now that you are done. :-) You guys are hotties in those wedding photos. Congrats on 5 years. that must mean ours is coming up soon.

AJ said...

Happy Anniversary guys.

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

Happy Anniversary! Brandon has been asking the same question about his hair. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We want to be the first to welcome you to Colorado! We live about 30 min. north of Colorado Springs. I am sure you will love it here as well!

Kyle, Tiffany, and Kaiden said...

Happy Anniversary! You're lucky to be done with school. Our 5 year anniversary will be in December, and we still have 2 years of school left. Anyway, congrats!

The Skinners said...

Happy Anniversary to you tooo!!!

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary! We were thinking about you guys this week. We were in downtown Salt Lake and were remembering what a beautiful day it was with all the tulips in bloom. Five is a big one! Our first five were school years too! Kev can realate to the hair thing as well.

Burnhams said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a fun day!

adventure knitter said...

awww! you guys got married on my birthday!

Carter Family said...

Happy 5th. We just had our 7th on the 24th. Cody you used to be hot brother. What happened? J/K Youre still hot.
Bryce

Kevin said...

Cody... you look sexier now that your bald. I tell myself that all the time and then I feel much better. XOXOX Your Brother-in-Law! lol