Monday, February 4, 2008

Latest Creations

I have some amazing friends here in Baltimore that have shown me how to sew some awesome things. My friend Lindsey has been making these bags and selling them and giving them as presents. She's taught a bunch of different girls how to make them, so I jumped in and decided I wanted to try as well.


The above bag I made for my friend Leah for her birthday.


My good friend Kelly makes these adorable rag quilts and gives them as baby shower presents. They are so cute and easy to make. I made this one for my kids.



I made this for my friend Karen as a diaper bag. I love seeing the end product! I just made a bag for my mom over the weekend, but she hasn't received it yet, so until she gets it in the mail, I'll hold off on posting pictures.
Sorry if this post bored you. I get excited about my projects and want to show them off.

14 comments:

Alisha said...

Those bags are so cute! What a fun and crafty idea! I wish I had that kind of talent!

Starley Family said...

Great job Lisa. I am impressed with all your talent outlets. Way to go.

Kristen said...

You did a great job. They are really cute...maybe you could make us all an FHE bag...just kidding.

Lindsay said...

Those are way cute. I would love to learn! Great idea!

Lettie B. said...

Those are great Lisa. I have been wanting to make a bag for the kids stuff that I can take to church. (Not that I don't have enough unfinished projects I should work on instead of starting something new!)
Is the quilt one of those that you quilt all the blocks with batting and then sew together?

Lisa said...

Your bags are really cute! It is a fun project to work on. Mckenna loves hers and is always carrying things around in it. The funny thing is that it matches her room too!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

Hmm...what a cute pink and black bag! I bet the girl you gave it to is so awesome! =)
p.s. i expect royalties from those pictures since i took them! j/k!! a bunch of girls have some like it in my ward and it will be sooooo nice to not have something that is excactly the same.

Anonymous said...

At first I thought those were Cody's creations, then I figured it out. Way to go Lis!

ang said...

Lisa those bags are so cute. I am impressed. Any way you can teach me how to make one long distance? Please? :)

Lisa said...

Collette - the quilt is made up of all 6 inches square blocks. I decided my pattern and sewed the top and bottom squares together. Super easy and no batting required.
Lisa - I made Mckenna's bag to match her room on purpose. :)
Ang - I can give you the measurements and try to explain how to make the bag. Have Paul send Cody an email with your email address and I'll try to explain away.

Amy said...

Lisa, those bags are so cute. Is there any way you can also send me the instructions on how to make them. I would really like to try! You inspire me!

Lisa said...

One of these days I'll get around to posting how to make the bags. Cody and I have been VERY under the weather recently.

Marisa said...

Lisa, those bags are adorable! I'm so impressed with all your sewing projects!

Unknown said...

lisa, cody is always telling me to leave comments on your blog, but i never know what to say. however, today i just had to tell you that i love your bags (and i know bags)! they are fabulous!

cody's classmate, jess