Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Summer time!

Summer time is finally here, and boy is it another beautiful one here in our valley. The kids are loving their free time now that school is out. They have amazed me at how responsible and good they have been. They are home alone each day while I'm at work. My brother, sister, and I were latch key kids growing up and did just fine, so I was confident that the kids would do well also. But even with that confidence in them, they have been amazing. They are so good about doing their chores and keeping the house clean. I love my kids!

I get together a couple of mornings a week with a group of guys here in Midway to go skiing on Deer Creek before work. We usually get up at 5:30 and are on the water by 6:00. At about 7:30 we are off the water and back home to head out for work. It's a fun morning session with the guys that gives me some much needed "me" time that seems to be so elusive and rare these days.

Watching the sun rise on Timpanogos never gets old.


We usually rotate whose boat we take out each trip.


Surfing is the main activity that the guys prefer. I've been getting better at it, but my passion for water sports still lies with slalom skiing.


Friday night I took the kids down to a Bees baseball game. I got them dinner at the park and they were in heaven eating their hot dogs, nachos, and ice cream cones. You'll notice in this photo that Tucker and Cole have been stealing my hats and taking ownership of them. Oh well. It's a good thing I love them so much.


The weather was amazing and the Bees actually won. They have lost the four previous times we have gone, so the kids were excited about that.

0 comments: