Monday, January 19, 2015

Paragliding Bucket List Adventure

I've driven past the point of the mountain between Lehi and Draper for years and been intrigued by the paragliders. I get daily emails from Groupon and Living Social with deals and had seen some for paragliding. I had been contemplating buying one when one day the price dropped an additional $15, so I jumped on it and purchased. I was so excited. I had a few months to schedule my flight. I decided I had better do it before it got too cold. I picked a Friday morning that Cody  had off work and all the kids were in school. My parents were able to come watch me fly as well. We dropped the kids off at school and drove to our meeting spot to meet my tandem instructor Chris. 

Probably my most asked question was if it was scary. I didn't think so at all. It was fun and exhilarating. Much more fun than parasailing. I was even able to take control and steer for a little while. Although I admit that towards the end of the flight my stomach had had enough and I was ready to come down. Looking at the pictures brings back some of the feelings. It was a perfect windy day, which is exactly what you want. Morning flights are on the south side of the mountain and evening flights are on the north side due to the thermal heat patterns.  Cody took some awesome pictures and my Dad took videos, but they are all sideways and I can't figure out how to flip them.










0 comments: