Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall Colors and Birthdays

The pictures will be in random order, but at least they are getting in. My 31st birthday was on the 24th. My chemo sickness set in after I completed my 6th round of chemo, and I was very sick the 23rd and 24th. I felt well enough to go out for dinner though. After my birthday dinner at Tarahumarah, we went for a family drive up Snake Creek canyon to see the fall colors. We live in one of the most glorious places on earth.
Cody and me. My hair is the perfect fall color. : )
 Mid September we took the Guardsman Pass drive from Midway to Big Cottonwood canyon. The maples were in full color.
Looking back into the Heber Valley.
 My Grandpa Foster's birthday is the day before Tuckers and my Mom hosted a family party at her house. I volunteered to make the cake. I wanted to make it like my Grandma used to. Two round cakes frosted in between with chocolate frosting. It was very good, not as good as hers, but I don't know the family secret!
 On our way home we were blessed to see this beautiful sunset.
 Tucker's birthday was the 17th and I made him another cake and we had ice cream with the Calderwoods. Tucker really wanted to eat at Subway for his birthday, but I convinced him that we could go to Subway before his soccer game the next day. Cody was given a moose roast and he cooked that up for us instead. It was very juicy and tasty.
 This 7 year old is extremely addicted to Pokeman these days. I picked up the Angry Birds hat from a vendor in San Francisco.
 Cody bought me some gorgeous flowers for my birthday and my Mom and sister came up to visit and brought me my favorite dessert, Turtle Pie from Baskin Robbins. I've tried the store bought and Cold Stone versions and they aren't as good as Baskin Robbins.
 My children can be found cutting small pieces of paper and creating their own Pokeman figures these days. The mess drives me crazy, but they are entertained and using their imaginations.

Mom, me and Heather
Aspens near Strawberry Reservoir. Cody took the kids for a drive one of the days I was feeling lousy last weekend.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I am glad you got spoiled on your birthday! You deserve it. I didnt realize that you made the chocolate cake that night for Grandpas party. It was really good!