Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hair progression

 Fantastic news from my MRI today on Tuesday. My radiation oncologist reviewed the scans and cannot see any remnants of the tumor. He said he is, quote "thrilled," with the results of the radiation and chemo. I might still have some microscopic remnants of the tumor, so I will continue chemo monthly through next March. Can you say "remission," that's what I'd like to say. Cancer free won't get to be said for a few years, but remission works for now. I go back every 2 months for MRI's. Thank you all for your prayers and love. I am so blessed.

I thought it would be fun to document my hair progression. First picture, January 10th. 2 days post surgery. 
 February 29th. Starting to grow in more. Hair hasn't fallen out yet from radiation.
 Cool radiation hair loss patterns. March 10th. I had my head buzzed short again so that it was a tad bit more even looking.
 June 17th. I finally am starting to style my hair with gel products.
 And, you can see hair actually growing in where I had radiation.

 And in case you forgot, this is what I used to look like with hair. Sigh. Maybe next year I'll look like that again. ; )
 Oh and I can't forget my picture from SteveO my neighbor. He thinks I look like David Bowie. And I had a man at church last Sunday tell me that I reminded him of Pat Benatar. I had to google her. Lady with short hair from the 80s.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Lisa! That is so amazing! It makes me so happy to see this miracle in your life. I wish you all the best and hope that things continue to go this way for you and your family! love you!

Marisa said...

Wow, that's fun that you posted about your hair for all of us who don't get to see you often! I still can hardly believe that your cancer is down to a microscopic level, it's better than we dared to hope for! I would never have said you look like David Bowie but that picture says otherwise... short hair always makes me think of Natalie from the Dixie Chicks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19116605@N00/843124110/

I don't know what you can do with it but it will probably be kind of fun to try different styles as it grows out!

Amanda said...

Lisa, that is great news! We have been thinking about you guys and hope things are well! We wish we could have been there for the run and auction!

Amber said...

Lisa-

That is the most wonderful news! You are always in our prayers and we are behind your family.

Loves-
Amber

We Run for YOU! said...

Yeah, my heart is sooo happy! We'll keep you guys in our prayers. It was so fun to see you guys a few weeks ago!