Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Twas the night before Christmas

Like a lot of families we split time with both families over the holidays. This year was a Foster year for Christmas Eve and Calderwood year for Christmas Day. My family got together in the afternoon and we opened our presents, ate dinner and headed to Snowbird for the evening.
 My Mom gave each of us a bag of M&M's and told a Christmas story with them. Blake thought that was great!
 Aubrey received a desk from my parents. It's perfect for her.
 Tucker opening up some kind of animal sticker thing.
 We gave my Mom snorkeling gear. We are headed to Mexico the end of January! You can tell she's super excited!
 All of us kids and my Mom gave my Dad a concert piano bench. He is an amazing musician and has never had one. It was so fun to give him a gift that was completely unexpected yet thrilling for him.
 My Grandpa Foster was with us for the festivities. Aubrey loves to sit with him.
 A typical Cody/Lisa picture.
 After we ate dinner we drove up Little Cottonwood Canyon to Snowbird. My Dad gets asked to play for a nondenominational service every Christmas Eve. Before that begins, everyone stands on the plaza and you get to watch the torch parade. A bunch of skiers come down the mountain carrying torches. It's pretty cool. Then, Santa rides down the tram, repels off and the kids can go see him.
 Once that is over we head inside for the little service. My Dad plays the piano, a man plays the saxophone and there's usually a reverend that speaks. Other than that we sing a lot of Christmas songs, drink hot chocolate and get to hold candles.
 Cute Mckenna.
Once the service was over we headed back home to Midway to throw our reindeer food on the lawn, leave some treats for Santa and head to bed. : )

0 comments: