Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Finally, my truck

 Finally!  After many, many years of wanting to buy my own truck, the day has arrived.  In high school, I badly wanted a truck, but didn't have the opportunity.  In college, well, I was way too broke and poor for a truck during those years.  Then dental school obviously put a hold on that wish while we lived in Maryland.  Ever since dental school I've been waiting for the right time to take that leap.  So, here I am at the age of 32 and I finally have my own truck.
I had been watching the dealerships and classifieds for a few months just waiting for the perfect deal.  A couple of weeks ago I found it.  It's a 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500.  It has everything I was looking for, the 4 door crew cab with the bench seat (our whole family of six seats comfortably in it), the 5.3L engine, 4 wheel drive, the tow package, low miles (36K), the short box so that it can fit in our garage, and it was listed for about $5,000 below blue book. 
It's kind of a midnight blue color, and it looks really good driving down the road.  One really cool thing about this model, is that it will switch from V8 mode to V4 mode when on the freeway and you don't need as much power.  It helps to improve the gas mileage.  With the truck fully loaded with our gear and our whole family in it, we averaged 18 mpg on our trip to and from Moab.  Not too bad for a truck. 
It's about time I returned to my hick roots.  Lisa won't admit it publicly, but she really loves having the truck too.  My red-neck ways are rubbing off on her!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, I like the color!!! It sure is handy having a truck!! Good work!!

Kevin said...

Nice Truck Cody... It will be cool to see it this weekend.

SWS said...

Hey you guys all cheat!! Took me til I was 43 to get one!!!