Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Once there was a snowman...

I've decided that lately I have not been a "cool" mom. I haven't been finding activities to do with my kids and I need to do better. So, yesterday I took them to the Park City Rec center (Basin Recreation) and for $4 the kids could run around and play in 4 different bounce houses and had all sorts of balls to play with. They had a great time, I had a great time, we were able to eat lunch with Cody, so, all was well. : ) Today I decided that the kids needed to get out and play in the snow. We got about 3-4 inches of new snow and the driveway needed plowing, so after lunch and the little boys were asleep I made the older kids get bundled up and outside we went. I say "made" because Tucker didn't want to. I had to threaten him with an afternoon of boredom in his room. He decided the fun thing to do was to be outside with the girls. I'm really lame and have never made a snowman with my kids so we set to work. I love that the snow man is just a little bit taller than Aubrey. She's just so dang cute!
 Tucker was mad at first when we began building snowmen. He wanted to build one in the field next to our house, but I didn't, so I convinced him to build one on the opposite side of the lawn from Aubrey. His is a bit smaller and looks a little forlorn, but Tucker is proud. He even made his snowman facing the house so that he can look out the window and see him staring back at him.
 And lucky me, Cody bought me some new ski boots! I've never had anything brand new so I'm super excited to hit the slopes. Aubrey is a lovely model.
 And in case you've never been to this before, this is a picture of one of the MANY ice castles that are at the Midway ice castles. If you've been to Swiss Days, the ice castles are on the north side of town square. I think it's about 100 North and 200 West. A guy that use to live in our ward makes them and they are pretty amazing. He did it at the Zermatt last year, so if you need an evening or weekend getaway from the valley smog, head up the canyon and check it out.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Fun snowmen and cute kids! We are excited to see the ice castles this weekend!

Laurel said...

How cool!

Lettie B. said...

That bounce house looks awesome and so does the ice castle. I may have to take my boys to go see that. They were asking a lot of questions about castles just the other day. I bet they would love it. Thanks for the info!

Sarah said...

Oh man, your kids are cute. Totally cracked me up that Tucker did NOT want to play in the snow :) Funny kid.