Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 5

Our final day there the weather was spectacular. Cody and I decided that we had to take advantage of the wonderful weather before flying back to Utah, so after breakfast we hurried out to Punta Nizuc to do some final snorkeling. We didn't have to leave the hotel until 2:00 for our flight home, so we took full advantage of our last few hours on the beach.







We some awesome fish species while out that final morning, like barracuda and a large 30 inch parrot fish. Although we didn't have an underwater camera, here are some photos off the web of those two species to give you an idea of what we saw:



There were several other very colorful species that were exciting to see, but unfortunately no manta rays or sea turtles like we saw on our honeymoon. Here is one of the many urchins on the shore:




After getting our fill of snorkeling, we headed back to the hotel to do some swimming out in front of our room. The water is such a dazzling color of blue. Unfortunately the pictures can't do it justice, but it is phenomenal!

We were sad to say goodbye to such a magnificent hotel and such a wonderful region, but we were so happy to see our kids again and be back home. We are already planning another tropical escape for a year or two from now. With Cody's credit card our options are almost endless. We have access to several thousand hotels around the world.

12 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

Wow! That place looks amazing! Glad you guys had a great time!

Ken said...

The pictures are great, it sounds like a cruise ship on land... very fun...

We loved having your kids... they were great!

Love ya... Dad

dan and audrey said...

wow! I am so jealous. I've never been but it looks amazing. glad you guys had such a good time!

Josh and Heidi Balling said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love that place. It's nice to have break from the kids every so often. where can I get a credit card like that?

Mily said...

I think I need a credit card like Cody's!!! What an awesome trip you had!!! The snorkeling sounds great!

Carson Calderwood said...

Awesome! Nice pix and good story telling of your trip. That was smart to buy that book. We didn't get a guide or buy the book. I didn't see the book or think of it. Let's go next month!!!

Jen said...

I am so jealous! I can't wait for it to warm up. Everything looked so fun.

AJ said...

What an amazing trip. We just might have to go there someday. Glad you had fun.

Sarah said...

Ahhhh, your trip sounds A-mazing, and it brought back some nice memories. We went there about 4 years ago for my hubby's work (they let me come for free-isn't free the best?!) and we did almost everything you did! AND so crazy.... that LDS chapel you took a picture of is the reason we went. There was a hurricane and it was damaged horribly and his company came and fixed up their sound system. Just thought that was kinda crazy!

Jessica D. said...

Wow, that looks so amazing, relaxing, beautiful...I am jealous! I loved all your pictures, especially the ocean in the last few. That blue is fantastic! Glad you got to get away!

Marisa said...

Great post, I'm so glad you had a good time! The snorkeling was my favorite too. That was smart to post pix of the fish even though they weren't your pix, I showed my kids and they were so excited to see what kinds of fish we saw! Hopefully someday we can go together!

Burnhams said...

Um, that trip looks amazing. I can't believe how adventurous you were. I think I would have sat on the sand right there in front of the hotel for the whole 5 days :) We may just have to go there one day.