Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

1-Take a trip without the kids.

Check! We are going to Mexico in March for free! Yay! Cody has a business credit card that he uses to order supplies and pay for lab fees that accumulates points you can trade in for hotels, flights, etc. We have enough points from the 2009 expenses to pay for not only our stay, but my sister and her husband are coming too and we have points to pay for their hotel as well!

2- Get pregnant.

Check! Baby #4 is arriving mid-July! We're excited, possibly a bit crazy, but excited for our new arrival. I'm 13 weeks right now and feeling pretty good. Heather, my sister, is due 4 weeks before me, so our trip to Mexico will be our Baby Moon. : ) And for those of you figuring out how far apart our kids are - yes they are close, but we like em that way! Tucker and Aubrey are 18 months apart, Aubrey and Cole are 22 months and Cole and this baby will be 18 months.

3- Try a new recipe every week.

I do not have a passion for cooking, so in hopes to instill some love and acquire new recipes our family enjoys, I'm going to try something new every week. I have a ton of cookbooks so that shouldn't be too hard. If you have great recipes that you want to share, send them over!

4- Be in my dad's piano recital in May.

We bought a used piano from my Mom's friend right after Cole was born last year. My dad is amazing at the piano, it's what he does for a living, and sadly none of us kids took after him. I've been told I had the most potential, so I'm going to start practicing and memorizing and I plan to be in his recital this spring. It's been more than 12 years since I was in the last one, so we'll see how it goes.

Well, that's it for now. I have other goals, but none quite as exciting as goal number 2!

24 comments:

The Huff Family said...

Wow! Congrats on the baby! Your Mexico trip sounds fun as well!

Susan said...

Lisa!! Yay for another baby!! That's awesome! You are better than me... my goals this year include being more patient with my kids; I really want another one, but I'm too grumpy of a mom to handle it just yet. You are so amazing!

Kristen said...

Hooray for #4. That is really great!

Dayna said...

Congratulations Lisa! That is exciting! The Baby Moon sounds like fun too. I want you to have a girl because then you would be the picture of the perfect family. (Oh right, you already are!) Love ya! So happy for you!

Clark and Liesel said...

Hooray! Congrats on #4. Your kids are so cute!

Katie said...

Lisa - those goals are so great. I love that you are going to do that piano thing - that is HUGE. Good luck. And I'm excited that you are pregnant! That is so great. 4 kids! a family of 6!! And I love that you and Heather are going to have kids close. That is fun. Have fun in Mexico!

Nordgren Mommy said...

Congratulations on # 4, that is so exciting! Your trip to Mexico sounds like it will be fun too! A trip without kids is one of my goals also. Aaron graduates in May and we are hoping to go on a cruise in Sept. Your family is so cute, I am so happy for you!

Lettie B. said...

Congratulations! Now I see why your friend wrote that you were running out of room at your kitchen table. ;)
Mexico sounds fun and what is better than a free trip?
Congratulations again.

Kevin said...

What the heck! What about taking your Brother and your sister-in-law to Mexico huh? And the piano thing..I have the most potential not you! Remember our testing in Denver years ago???? plus...I am the OLDest! lol.

Love your Brother.

Emily said...

Well Congrats Miss Lisa. The Calderwood kids are very cute, so I have no objections to there being as many as possible!

Good luck with the recipes & the piano. That makes for one busy momma!

Happy New Year!

Sarah said...

Yay! I am SO happy for you. You'll love 4, it is such an easy transition from 3. Getting pregnant this year is my goal as well. We'll see how it goes. I think you'll have a girl :)And I am way jealous of your trip and your piano recital. I want to do those things as well. Good job! :)

SWS said...

Congratulations on baby #4. 5 out of 7 of mine are that close and I loved it. Have fun in Mexico, too!!

Unknown said...

congrats on the being pregnant my mom told me awhile ago that you were! and what were you thinking you should have chose to take us to mexico with you! lol actually we are currently planning a mexican cruise! but so fun for you and your family to go! we are leaving the girls with my mom on this trip!

Lis said...

Yay Lisa and fam! Baby news is great news!!

Tiffany said...

Congrats! How exciting.

Mily said...

Great goals! And a trip to Mexico!!! And, you are pregnant! Congratulations Cody and Lisa!

Aaron and Melissa said...

What?!!! I shouldn't be surprised. . .I know you like your kids close together. I am so happy for you guys!! You caught up to us WAY too fast. :) Another cute Calderwood kid... Can't wait to hear more about baby #4.

Jessica D. said...

Congratulations on the baby! That's great news! I am so jealous of your Mexico trip...that beach looks awesome!

Karina & John Calderwood said...

YAY!!! You have such cute kids!! Congrats! :)I need to take a lead from you and get on the piano myself!

Sjauna said...

Congrats guys! You are such good parents and have such a cute family!

Maquel said...

This is very exciting news! Congratulations!

Nicole said...

wow congrats! so exciting!

Justin & Erin Linton Family said...

WHAT??? I did not see a New Years Resolution that included a cool trip to the Oregon coast? What is that all about? :) I am super excited for the other ones though, sounds fun, and Congrats on the baby again.

Mike said...

CONGRATS!!! Love how you decided to announce it - very clever :)