Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cole's 1st Birthday!

I know this is said all the time, but I can't believe my baby is 1! He will forever mark the years of our lives here in Midway. We were going to throw a family party last Saturday to celebrate, but Aubrey came down with hand, foot and mouth disease. She was supposedly contagious for 5 days so we had to cancel the party. Tucker ended up getting it too and I'm still unsure about Cole. If he did get it, it's not a very bad case. Just a dot or two on his hands. We went and bought Cole a real highchair last Thursday for his birthday and once we realized we weren't having the party, we opened it up and sat him right in it. Our other high chair was the kind that straps to a chair, we've had it since Tucker was born, and it worked all right, especially for the smaller spaces we lived in, but the tray was broken. Cole knew that and would always take it off and dump everything on the floor. I couldn't wait to get him a tray that would stay on! Yesterday, on his birthday, my Mom and our friend Rose came up for the afternoon to hangout. My Mom made Cole a new blanket that he has been enjoying along with Aubrey. It's super soft on one side and flannel on the other.


Cody's parents came up last night and brought us dinner and everything. We ate and played with Cole's new, yet old toys. We replaced more batteries in the kids toys and set them out for him to play with. We might be cheap parents, but all the kids are enjoying them and really, the kid doesn't need ANYTHING!
Cody's parents and sister gave him this adorable rocking horse. Cody's uncle makes them and he made this especially for Cole.
Cole has been standing a lot lately, but still not walking. **Update! Cole took 10 steps tonight (1/27)!**He's our latest for sure. Tucker was walking at 9 months and Aubrey around 11. I'm fine with it, but he's got some growing up to do in the next 6 months before baby #4 comes around!
The kids and I made cupcakes for his birthday, I'm going to make my "cute" cake this weekend. Cole wanted the flame on the candle while we were singing and then we gave him the cupcake and he dug right in. Frosting taste first and then the whole enchilada!

Tucker thinks he's a little photographer and took a ton of pictures all evening. This is Cody and his parents.
We love our little guy and are happy he's 1! He has 3 teeth, 2 on the bottom and 1 on the top. We go in for his checkup tomorrow, so we'll see what his stats are. BTW, we find out in 3 weeks what we are having...any guesses?

9 comments:

Susan said...

Happy birthday to your cute Cole! My guess is that you're having a having another boy! :)

Tiffany said...

The year has gone by so fast! He's such a big boy now. Happy birthday Cole.

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

cute high chair pick :)

I am going to guess and say girl...

Happy b-day for your darling guy!

Nordgren Mommy said...

You have such cute kids! Happy Birthday to your little guy. I totally agree with you on the "I can't believe my baby is 1!!!"

Marisa said...

What a little cutie, I can't believe he's one either! Lisa, your hair grows SO fast it never ceases to amaze me! My kids have had hand, foot and mouth too, what a weird virus.

Carson Calderwood said...

I like how similar Dad and Cody look in that pic that Tucker took.

Dan & Heather Pelfrey said...

Haha I love Cole's hair in that first picture! I can't believe he's 1 yr old already! I was there when Tucker took his first steps and now its 2 kids later! As for guesses, I'm a horrible guesser...I want us both to have boys or both to have girls so they have cousins(and maybe part of me wants them to be different so I can borrow all your cute baby clothes)!

Katie said...

yeah cody really looks like his parents. happy birthday to your little Cole! i think it's cool you recycled toys cause one year olds don't need much. and my guess is a girl. it's just your pattern. :-)

Amber said...

Looks like you guys are doing well. I can't believe that Cole is already one! Time really does fly. Also, exciting you will find out soon what you are having. I think it will be a boy. Aubry doesn't want any competion for #1 princess right?! :)