Monday, December 15, 2008

Temple Square

We took our last quick trip to Utah over the weekend. Cody had papers to sign and we needed to find a place to rent. Both events turned out well and hopefully in the next week I'll be posting a picture of the house we could potentially live in forever! Saturday night we went with some of my family down to Temple Square to check out the lights. It was snowy and cold, but beautiful. Tucker can't get enough of licking and eating snow and was found licking everything. I try to tell him not to eat the snow and ice, especially off the car and ground, but that boy just doesn't listen! At least we haven't had any incidents where his tongue gets stuck to a pole yet!
Cody had fun playing around with our camera and took some great shots.

For those of you that haven't been to Salt Lake, this is the temple that Cody and I were married in.
Tucker was doing a combination of trying to catch snowflakes and pretending to be a giraffe.

We had a lot of fun and were glad we made it down to see the lights. It's probably been 5 years since Cody and I have done that.
As I'm sure you can imagine, things are a little crazy in our house at the moment. Cody has tons of dental stuff to do on his end, so I've been managing the house with my massive to do list. Luckily it is slowly dwindling away. Once we can secure our living arrangements that will be a big relief. I found a hospital and doctor to deliver my baby, have 95% of our Christmas cards out, and am trying to make this time of year fun for the kids. I'm glad they are still young enough that the fact we are moving 2 days after Christmas won't affect them much.

10 comments:

Holly said...

Ah Temple Square, it really brings back good memories, and makes me excited to go home for Christmas break!!! I am glad to hear you have a doctor lined up, it is REALLY stressful to move when pregnant and I feel for you. I hope everything goes well. We are excited for you guys and your upcoming move!!

Hol, Jan, and girls

Unknown said...

I cant believe you went to utah and didnt even stop here to visit. You guys are in so much trouble lol!

Lisa said...

Your pictures turned out awesome! It really was a beautiful night with the snow. We are so sad that we only saw you for five minutes. It definitley didn't work out like we planned. We will have to try that again next year. Good Luck with all your packing. It sounds like you are already on top of that. It will be fun to have you live so close by again.

hartleyhouse said...

I feel your pain. We're in the exact same boat (moving right after Christmas; having a baby a few weeks later) Sounds like everything is falling into place for you guys. I bet you're super excited to be so close to family and some really great skiing!! Good luck with everything!!!!

Laura

Our Bitter Sweet Life with T1D said...

Wow, I can't believe you guys are moving to park City, but I think that it totally suits you both. Best wishes with the house hunting and new baby coming.

Carson Calderwood said...

Sprint to the finish and then kick back. That is what we are hoping for too.

Maquel said...

We we're at Temple Square on Saturday night, too! We went there just before the MoTab concert started. I wonder if we passed each other without noticing. I'm so excited for you guys to come back to Utah. Good luck with the move!

Dan & Heather Pelfrey said...

Looks like fun! I wish Dan abd I could have been there with all the family, but we'll see you guys soon. Enjoy the freezing cold weather! We're not excited to come back to it when we come through CO.

Brian and Becca said...

Wow, sounds like you have your hands full!! Love the temple pics. I am hoping to take my kids in a couple of days. I hope it wont be to cold and snowy.

Marisa said...

I feel so bad for you that you have SO much going on right now! Good luck with everything!!!