Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mini Maryland Reunion

Summer of 2004 to 2008 were 4 of the greatest years of our married life. We moved across the country. Away from all family except for Cody's brother for 1 year. We went to dental school. I will probably always say "we" instead of just "Cody" because even though I wasn't getting the education to be a dentist, I was there and supported him the entire time. It helped strengthen our marriage and we met amazing friends. At the beginning of February some of our dental friends had a get together at our house. One couple and their kids traveled from Delaware to attend a conference/lecture in Park City.  I invited them over to the Midway Ice Castles Friday afternoon. I was working and thought they would enjoy them. They came with their entire families. We were slow at the time, so I was able to slip out of the ticket booth and chat for a few minutes.
Stacey, me, Jenn
I haven't seen Stacey since my Running with Lisa 5K in 2012 and it's been since dental graduation in 2008 since I've seen Jenn. The next night, after the husbands had a fun day skiing, we gathered at our house for pizza. The Wades, MacDonalds and Katie Hale came too. We were missing Katie's 3 kids, but had 17 present that evening. Only 1 was born when we started dental school almost 9.5 years ago. Here's the best I got at a group shot. Blake is bawling in the far right and my oldest is a poser right up front. I've never met 1/3 of the kids, so it was fun to meet and great and let them run wild!
 
 Dr.'s Wade, Calderwood, MacDonald, Seda and Starley. Located throughout Utah and the east coast.
 The supportive wives. Liz, Amber, Katie, Jenn, myself and Stacey.
 Aubrey had fun playing with Liz's daughter Maryann. They asked me to take a picture of them together.
 So many dear friends are missing from these pictures, but maybe its a good thing we all don't live by each other. My house is big, but probably not big enough in the winter to hold all of us and our kids that keep multiplying. This was our wives club back in Maryland. Jenn had a baby the day before graduation and wasn't able to attend.

3 comments:

Japolina said...

Looks like a great time!

Katie said...

that old picture is awesome! was I holding flowers or something? it looks like Rachel has a huge corsage on her shoulder or something. oh, it was so great to see you guys!

Sarah said...

I love reading your blog. Cole is so cute, happy birthday to him! And I love the graduation picture of the ladies, you look exactly the same as you did in high school!